LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEWBIE here --  (Read 23093 times)

Offline jamese_07

• LGM Member

NEWBIE here --
« on: April 14, 2015, 03:56:00 PM »
Can anyone point me in the direction of understanding chord progressions more? Like how do you know WHEN to use a CERTAIN progression? Can you use any progression for any song?

Like when I saw this,

(1)  Glory Glory, Hallelujah,  since I

(4)  laid my, burden

(1)  down. (5) burden down

(1)  Glory,  Glory,  Hallelu (4) jah,  snce I

(1)  laid my (5) burdens (1) down.

Can I use another progression for this? and how do you know that the 1-4-5 progression fit that song? Because I saw the progressions in the chord section, but a little lost on which songs to use them for? Am I making sense? I hope someone can help.

Offline Jonasswaby

• LGM Member

Re: NEWBIE here --
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 01:57:54 AM »
It’s easy to find a way in,
แหวนเพชร แหวนแต่งงานเพชรแท้ ราคาไม่แพงต้องซื้อเพชรpiranha.in.th

Offline JemaineC

• LGM Member
    • Playing Piano

Re: NEWBIE here --
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 04:45:22 AM »
At first you have to play the basic chord progressions as you played within the song. The way you figure that out is by listening if the particular chord fits with the song and melody. If you  learn a new song, you can listen to the bass notes being played.

Next you will have to learn different progressions as passing chords to get to those basic chords. This can be achieved by studying different progressions in all 12 keys.

I started a blog a few months ago where I share all the progressions I know on a weekly basis, and this could be used as a foundation to build your library of chords (knowledge of chord patterns).

Check out my blog to see if you find anything you'd like  at

piano-playing.blogspot.com

Let me know if it helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up