LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Interfaces  (Read 2063 times)

Offline timbass2882

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Audio Interfaces
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:03:04 AM »
Does anyone know if you can us an Audio Interface for practicing along with songs on your laptop or not.
Tbass

Offline JemaineC

• LGM Member
    • Playing Piano

Re: Audio Interfaces
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 04:30:12 AM »
Does anyone know if you can us an Audio Interface for practicing along with songs on your laptop or not.

Hi there timbass2882.

I actually prefer using my usb audio interface to practice. it allows you to listen to audio files that are played back while transmitting your input signal through the interface and playing it back through direct monitoring, that is if you have a direct monitoring function on the interface.

All the best!

Offline timbass2882

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 06:49:47 PM »
Thanks JemaineC, I have not purchased an Audio Interface yet. The type of set-up I have now is a mixer and amp head, which I connect my instruments and laptop to, too practice with headphones so I want disturb the family. But I get a lot of static noise when I turn my bass up. I would like to know if I could also practice on the audio Interface while just using headphones as well. 
Tbass

Offline JemaineC

• LGM Member
    • Playing Piano

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 03:55:48 PM »
Yes you can. I purchased the focusrite Scarlet studio bundle just a few months ago and it has been a real blessing. You will receive some really professional sounding headphones and the pre-amps is decent. It sounds WAY cooler than my PA that I had plus you can record yourself!

Offline timbass2882

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 05:57:43 PM »
Thanks JemaineC for your input good looking out.
Tbass

Offline JemaineC

• LGM Member
    • Playing Piano

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 04:10:15 AM »
Glad I could help man ;)

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 09:39:31 AM »
You can plug directly in the computer or laptop but sometimes you can have latency depending on how good your sound card is. I have been looking into audio interfaces lately but have not decided on a brand yet.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »
You can plug directly in the computer or laptop but sometimes you can have latency depending on how good your sound card is. I have been looking into audio interfaces lately but have not decided on a brand yet.

what he said

i would plug directly into my sound car using a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter. The latency was horrible. So I would play along and record in audacity (which also allows for live montoring) without listening to myself and then just play it back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up