LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "GOSPEL'S GREATEST" (Fake Book) SONGBOOK. HAS ANYONE USED THIS?  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Dashep27

• LGM Member

Looking on Amazon I didn't know that they have several Gospel songbooks with charts that give you the chord symbols to the songs. Exactly what I've been needing, although I can put together the LH/RH format faster than reading actual sheetmusic. It will just make the process go faster. Has anyone used any of these "Fake Books" and are they helpful??

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: "GOSPEL'S GREATEST" (Fake Book) SONGBOOK. HAS ANYONE USED THIS?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 06:44:55 AM »
I have that Fakebook. I used it a lot when I was playing for a choir.  You could get the chords right away.  As far as reading from a fake book while actually playing for a choir is concerned, you have to learn to play from a fake book to be effective.  There is more to it than it seems. 

If you order that particular book, make sure that the songs it offers are to your liking.  They are mostly traditional.

There are tutorial books on reading from a fake book,  but the ones that I have seen  are quite a study.  Almost like learning to read music.  Of course you could always just play the chords with your left and the tune notes with your right.  That does not produce a full sound.  I always simply got the chords and added notes as I saw fit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up