LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Keyboard or Organ?  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Musician4JesusUK

• LGM Member
  • iPlay 4 hymn

New Keyboard or Organ?
« on: October 18, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
Hey LGM,

I've been playing/learning the Piano for about 7 years.
But now as I'm getting more serious with it (I've just started playing for my church) I would like to buy my first keyboard. My family already has a clavinova but I would like something for myself to practice in my room and something that I can take with me when I need to go and play at an event or at someone's house (if they are practicing with me and don't have a piano). I was either thinking the Nord 5D or the Motif Xf. Which one is better???

But yesterday I went to a relative's baptism at another church in London and after hearing & playing with (for the first time) the Hammond (a100) that the church had, I was today looking into the Nord C2D. Also I am planning to buy a course with it. Which ones would you suggest for an intermediate/advanced pianist transferring their skills???

I've always loved the sound of a Hammond and have wanted to learn it but have never had a chance to hear it (yesterday was the first time I heard it in real life) or play it as they are rare in England. You only ever find them in London churches.

What would you decide keyboard or organ???

Also, as I'm 14 and only have about £500 in savings, how would you suggest I save up for either a keyboard or organ & a small PA/keyboard amp??? What are your opinions of the Yamaha Stagepas 400/600i???

Your opinions are much appreciated and God bless.

Offline ltljake

• LGM Member
    • http://www.pianodownloads.com

Re: New Keyboard or Organ?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 07:50:37 PM »
The organs you speak of are big purchases. I really cant give you advice on which. Piano and Keyboard are two very different instruments. For starters if its your first purchase, Id say go with piano. Most beginners start with that. Organ is a bit more specialized.
Pages: [1]   Go Up