LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battle of the "Oh-Oh" Songs  (Read 1438 times)

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Battle of the "Oh-Oh" Songs
« on: November 03, 2015, 12:44:58 PM »
So...up for your consideration on this fine afternoon, we have a couple of songs - each featuring some variation of the phrase "oh-oh-oh".  Which do you prefer?  In this corner we have Toby Mac's "Feel It" from his latest release:

Feel It

VS: a slightly older, but still a goodie, from the band Royal Tailor - "Make A Move":

Make A Move

I like 'em both, but have to give an edge to Toby Mac - maybe because it's newer?  But say ye LGM? 
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

Re: Battle of the "Oh-Oh" Songs
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 05:27:48 PM »
So...up for your consideration on this fine afternoon, we have a couple of songs - each featuring some variation of the phrase "oh-oh-oh".  Which do you prefer?  In this corner we have Toby Mac's "Feel It" from his latest release:

Feel It

VS: a slightly older, but still a goodie, from the band Royal Tailor - "Make A Move":

Make A Move

I like 'em both, but have to give an edge to Toby Mac - maybe because it's newer?  But say ye LGM? 

I like the band Royal Tailor - "Make A Move" for the way the "Oh, Oh, Oh" phrase is used.
So they will get it to me on that small criteria.

If you want us to choose based upon the whole song I'd say Toby Mac.

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 06:14:18 AM »
I like the Oh sequence in Feel It more than the one in Make A Move. Make a Move's Oh sequence kinda sounds like some sort of animal call, hehe. But I like the overall song "Make a Move" better, on an intellectual level.

Yo Tailor, I'ma let you finish, but For King and Country has one of the most Ohful Oh sequences of all time. If all time.
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 04:10:13 PM »
I like the Oh sequence in Feel It more than the one in Make A Move. Make a Move's Oh sequence kinda sounds like some sort of animal call, hehe. But I like the overall song "Make a Move" better, on an intellectual level.

Yo Tailor, I'ma let you finish, but For King and Country has one of the most Ohful Oh sequences of all time. If all time.

I forgot about that one...and a great song too.  Here's one that's sort of a variation of the oh-oh theme, but here's Mathew West - Hello:

Hello
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 08:16:17 AM »
Well...I found this.  Chris August's cover of Toby Mac's "Feel It"....the chill-out version.

Chris August - Feel It
- Corrie Ten Boom
Pages: [1]   Go Up