LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maurice White  (Read 3408 times)

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

Maurice White
« on: February 08, 2016, 10:50:35 PM »
The legendary Maurice White died on 2/4/2016 & I can't believe that no one here has mentioned it. White is one of, if not the greatest song writer, producer, arranger, composer, that has ever lived. He also had one of the greatest singing voices as well. No group then & definitely no one now, even comes close to Earth, Wind & Fire. That say's a lot considering all the great groups, that came out of the 70's & 80's. Maurice White is definitely my musical hero. Just thought I'd acknowledge, the leader of the greatest band ever.........

Offline Eagle Eyez

• LGM Member

Re: Maurice White
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 09:54:49 AM »
RIP to Maurice White.

There's no denying the talent and the legacy of Maurice White and EW&F on music as a whole.  I am a casual fan of EWF, and they do have some really great songs. My guess is it would have been more likely to be discussed here if Maurice had more ties to Gospel music, which I don't believe he did.  I could be wrong though.

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:34:56 AM »
What Eagle Eyez said.  If there is a bigger EWF fan than me, I have not met them yet.  I posted about Maurice's passing in EVERY social network I frequent except here. 
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:57:54 PM »
Yeah I guess. Thats why there's been post made for Bobbie Brown, Uncle Phil, Louis Johnson, BB King, etc. Cause these great gospel artist, has inspired us all. 

Offline Eagle Eyez

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 02:14:14 PM »
^^^
And now we have one for Maurice White too  ;)

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 12:39:30 AM »
EWF is the greatest band I have ever heard.

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 09:20:05 PM »
Rr
I can't believe that no one here has mentioned it.
Yeah I guess. Thats why there's been post made for Bobbie Brown, Uncle Phil, Louis Johnson, BB King, etc. Cause these great gospel artist, has inspired us all. 
I think it's more a matter of the fact that people don't post much here period, rather than that Mr White has been slighted in some way. Those people got posts abeut their passing because particular individuals with a specific interest in those people decided to make a post about them because they felt the need to share that information with this community. We're not a collective consciousness. We're individuals. If you have a specific interest in a certain individual then it's your duty to bring it to the community. No need to feel slighted because someone else posted about a person /they/ are interested in but didn't post about the one that /you/ are. You have the honor of making this contribution to the community yourself, and we all appreciate this.

I don't really know much about EWF other than being casually acquainted with their music and influnce through gospel artists and others covering or paying homage to them in some way or other, and movies and things like that. Honestly I'm a bit wary of their message, but there's no denying that they were amazingly gifted and ahead of their time. If Maurice had anything to do with those high notes in "Keep Your Head To The Sky" then he's given me over two decades of.. idk the word to use... enjoyment? Musical appreciation? Idk, but that one song has meant alot to me since i was a small child (through a children's choir singing a modified cover of it)
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"
Pages: [1]   Go Up