LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Israel Houghton Divorce  (Read 12813 times)

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Israel Houghton Divorce
« on: February 24, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »
Life is hard.  Just heard the news yesterday that Israel and his wife Meleasa have divorced after 20 years of marriage. 

Israel Houghton Divorce
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

Re: Israel Houghton Divorce
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 08:51:52 AM »
This is seriously heartbreaking news.   :'(
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 02:04:43 PM »
uh, yall see who he is with?????
Google with care

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 04:32:24 PM »
yup. saw that.

Dang. Not sayin its right, just.....

Dang.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 05:14:03 PM »
A New Season
Another Level Another Harvest
Moving Forward

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 01:26:26 PM »
My man done got himself a Cheetah Girl!!!  But dude needs to hit the gym though.....
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline ma1ne

• LGM Member
  • He that findeth a wife! PRAISE HIM! LOL
    • Facebook

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 02:46:00 PM »
I just googled it too! Aw man, I mean...um....dag. I mean she is bad though. It sucks his marriage failed though. I think it's just a fling.
Play skilfully with a loud noise Psalm 33:3

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 09:48:15 AM »
I am not so familiar with Houghton. I have seen him on tv in passing one or two times. About 50 percent of those who marry get divorced though.  Reading the comments leads me to believe that his songs and preaching led his hearers to believe that he was one who was above what he apparently was doing. That he had to be inspired and led by a higher power. But he was secretly into other things even as he sang and spoke. It all goes back to the words, "To whom much is given, much is required".  Based on those words, he should have done better.  Also, I heard it said  that there is a right way even to do wrong. Was there a right way for him?  That's between him and God. But here on earth, the ripples will go out from his actions, even to hurt feelings and loss of faith by some, and of course, damage to his personna and career

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 11:55:06 AM »
I am not so familiar with Houghton. I have seen him on tv in passing one or two times. About 50 percent of those who marry get divorced though.  Reading the comments leads me to believe that his songs and preaching led his hearers to believe that he was one who was above what he apparently was doing. That he had to be inspired and led by a higher power. But he was secretly into other things even as he sang and spoke. It all goes back to the words, "To whom much is given, much is required".  Based on those words, he should have done better.  Also, I heard it said  that there is a right way even to do wrong. Was there a right way for him?  That's between him and God. But here on earth, the ripples will go out from his actions, even to hurt feelings and loss of faith by some, and of course, damage to his personna and career

It is true that approximately 50% of all marriages in the US do end in divorce; however it should be noted that the 50% who do stick it out aren't necessarily in happy and healthy marriages.  In the case of Houghton (which aside from his celebrity status is probably not that different than what a lot of people are going through), it is truly sad that his marriage officially ended after 20 years.  I say officially, because more often than not, a marriage is dead long before being legally declared so and unless the Lord or some other factor brings it back to life, this will be the result............if you can afford it (and thus one reason why some of the 50% who do stay married are miserable). 

When I was younger and also young in the faith, I had this idealized vision of what marriage would be like.  Let me be a little candid and say that there have been times when I wish I'd listen to my father (although it was actually pretty bad advice).  But hey, that's life.  When one takes on the responsibility of a leadership position in the church, there are some crosses that one will have to bear and it is for this reason that we have to stop making "ministers" out of "artists".  Yes, we are all called to minister, but not everyone is to do so in an ecclesiastical role.  I know Israel solely through his music and yes, his music does minister to people.  But that doesn't automatically mean that he is to be elevated to the official office of a mister or elder. 
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 12:37:10 AM »

Marriage is a wonderful and beneficial thing to be apart of.  I think the reason most marriages fail is selfishness and pride. It takes strength to love. At the end of the day, an innocent man purposely died so that guilty men could live.  That was the example given to us. Every now and then it may be a good idea to "sacrifice" the 4th quarter of the championship game to run and go get butter from the store.   

Christian leaders are expected by the public to live a moral life. Comes with the job. Their is really no getting around this. We have to be careful about our decision making. It affects more than just us. It could affect the salvation of others.

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 09:23:18 PM »
I think the main cause of failed marriages is marrying someone you really shouldn't. Settling for someone who doesn't meet your system requirements in the first place, but i could be wrong.

Personally, I think getting away from Osteen could be a good thing for him...
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 10:06:41 AM »
I just read some statements directly from Israel Houghton that indicated he has not been terminated, but is effectively being sat down for a yet to be disclosed amount of time.  In the same statement he offers the position that his current relationship with the Cheetah Girl (can't remember her name, don't feel like googling) started as a friendship from working on a project together and was no more than a friendship during the time that he was married.  Now that both are single, they are taking it to the Next Level (pun sorta intended)

FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 11:07:18 PM »
Marriage is a wonderful and beneficial thing to be apart of.  I think the reason most marriages fail is selfishness and pride.

Bingo. Marriages fail for no other reason than selfishness and pride on the part of one or both parties. It can manifest itself in so many different ways, but the end cause is always 'me first'.
lack.of.humility.
That is the root of the sin nature. God can bless us with everything in the world and only asks us to keep our hands off of one single thing, but we think we have a better idea.

Israel was blessed with so many things from God, but he thought he had a better idea...

I'm not throwing stones at the guy. I have no right to, but I'll never ever see him the same as I once did nor will I be so quick to entertain his songs for church, always wondering if he's functioning from a heart of humility or from a heart of 'me first'.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 06:56:29 AM »
Bingo. Marriages fail for no other reason than selfishness and pride on the part of one or both parties. It can manifest itself in so many different ways, but the end cause is always 'me first'.
lack.of.humility.
That is the root of the sin nature. God can bless us with everything in the world and only asks us to keep our hands off of one single thing, but we think we have a better idea.

Israel was blessed with so many things from God, but he thought he had a better idea...

I'm not throwing stones at the guy. I have no right to, but I'll never ever see him the same as I once did nor will I be so quick to entertain his songs for church, always wondering if he's functioning from a heart of humility or from a heart of 'me first'.

Kinda' blows my "she's crazy" theory right out of the water  :D....
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 03:32:34 PM »
My man done got himself a Cheetah Girl!!!  But dude needs to hit the gym though.....

LOL!!!
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 11:07:12 AM »
LOL!!!
see what relationships do lol
Single T Block wouldve had a lot more to say about said Cheetah, but engaged T is silent. lol
I respect your quietude bruva

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 12:12:30 PM »
see what relationships do lol
Single T Block wouldve had a lot more to say about said Cheetah, but engaged T is silent. lol
I respect your quietude bruva

LMBO!!! ;) :D ;D
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Sillyie

• LGM Member
  • True You

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 08:17:41 PM »
A.B. was engaged to longtime boyfriend (6 years) From February 2015 to September 15. And I.S is separated right after. Now they are together.😏😏😏😏😏👀👀👀👀.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 04:00:26 PM »
A.B. was engaged to longtime boyfriend (6 years) From February 2015 to September 15. And I.S is separated right after. Now they are together.😏😏😏😏😏👀👀👀👀.

Well...you know what they say about "a friend in need (especially an attractive friend of the opposite gender  ;)).
- Corrie Ten Boom
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up