LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pickup selection  (Read 4314 times)

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

Pickup selection
« on: July 10, 2016, 06:54:42 AM »
Just curious: Which pickup do you find yourselves playing with the most? For example: my main guitar is an HSS configuration. I usually find myself playing in the full humbucker selection as opposed to the neck single coil or others in between. Sometimes it's the humbucker/middle single coil.

How about you?
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Re: Pickup selection
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 08:14:53 AM »
As a fellow Strat player, I tend to use the neck + mid the most, followed by the bridge position.  I pretty much use all of the combinations to varying degrees, except for the middle position.  It gets little to no love and I don't know why.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 08:55:49 AM »
I find myself going for middle position these days (SSS) Used to do Neck mostly, but I've been liking the balance that middle pickup gives me lately. I rarely if ever use the 2 and 4 positions for some reason, haha.
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"

Offline txh003

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 02:04:35 PM »
On my SSS strat, the second position (neck & middle pickup) is my favorite.  On my HH Les Paul, I prefer the rhythm position (neck pickup).

Offline GuitarPlaya2000

• LGM Member
  • Apostolic / Pentecostal Church
    • GuitarPlaya2000

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:27:06 AM »
I play a Carvin BOLT, which is fitted with the SSS configuration. I tend to utilize the Neck+Mid pick-ups the most for upbeat and moderate speed P&W. For slow, Holy Ghost inviting P&W, I use the neck exclusively...it just sounds better to me for slower music, a bit warmer but with less typical Strat "quack" sound as you get by pairing either the neck or bridge with the mid pick ups.

I rarely use the Bridge or Bridge+Mids; the music has to be "high energy" require that "funky" feel in order for me to used them.

That's my two cents! :)
"Praise the LORD with harp: Sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings".
Pages: [1]   Go Up