LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard problem  (Read 1797 times)

Offline jude63

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Keyboard problem
« on: June 21, 2016, 11:01:10 AM »
I have a Roland RD 150, I know its old but it sounds great.
Anyway,  the touch sensitivity on one of the keys(middle G) on the keyroad seems to not work sometimes, that particular key sounds much louder than the other keys, it somes and goes during service and can be very distracting, especially in slow songs and sometimes I need that particular note.
Has anyone experienced this? maybe its time for a new keyboard

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

Re: Keyboard problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:55:07 AM »
Sounds like one of the velocity sensors is malfunctioning
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"

Offline ltljake

• LGM Member
    • http://www.pianodownloads.com

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 12:07:50 AM »
I have a Roland RD 150, I know its old but it sounds great.
Anyway,  the touch sensitivity on one of the keys(middle G) on the keyroad seems to not work sometimes, that particular key sounds much louder than the other keys, it somes and goes during service and can be very distracting, especially in slow songs and sometimes I need that particular note.
Has anyone experienced this? maybe its time for a new keyboard

This happened to my S90ES a few years back after spilling a drink on it. The liquid got on the key sensors which caused the malfunction. Velocity in done on keyboards by an array of sensors that measure time. Each key has two sensors. New ones now have 3. The harder you press the faster the sensors activate one then the next. Think of it like a flam in drumming. the greater the difference in strokes the softer the key press is. I was able to clean the sensor boards as the soft drink left a residue that cause the system to short out. Board has worked 100% since then. I dont recommend attempting repairs unless you either trained or confident in your ability. I majored in electronics in college so I was able to handle it. About a 6 out of 10 for difficulty. Good luck. Hope you get it working correctly.

Offline jude63

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 01:36:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply and advice, I will definitely take it to a professional.
You dont realize how one "behaved" key can affect everything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up