LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delay question.  (Read 3152 times)

Raroboy

Delay question.
« on: March 25, 2005, 04:00:02 PM »
Hi there,

Just new to computer software sequencing. I'm an old fashioned Keyboard hardware sequencing person. I've just started a small set-up. got a Technics KN901 connected to an M-AUDIO Audiophile USB external interface which is then connected to my computer and small speakers.
I have Windows XP, 1.66GHZ, Realtek AC97 soundcard and 256 RAM (I'm just a basic computer user and was told that these specs I have are fine to use!)

The software I am trying to use at the moment is a freeware program called Krystal Audioware. At the moment I'm only recording audio because thats all the program allows. My question is (after all that!) why am I getting a delay from when I press the key down on my KN901 to the sound coming out of the speakers a couple of seconds afterwards?

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Delay question.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 08:38:22 PM »
That's a common question....Try these options:

http://www.cakewalk.com/forum/tm.asp?m=401937&mpage=1&key=delay񢈑

http://www.cakewalk.com/forum/tm.asp?m=412840&mpage=1&key=delay񥙷

Basically, you may just need to find a new driver for your sound card.

Raroboy

Delay question.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 03:08:49 AM »
Thanks B3, just wanted to know as well, if the sound I playback through Krystal audio is crackling with clicks and pops through my speakers, Is the problem still with the soundcard or is it my instrument plugged into the interface?

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Delay question.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 12:27:13 AM »
Quote from: Raroboy
Thanks B3, just wanted to know as well, if the sound I playback through Krystal audio is crackling with clicks and pops through my speakers, Is the problem still with the soundcard or is it my instrument plugged into the interface?

I get that sometimes...it's either you have the speakers too loud or the latency id too low and have to turn it up a tad....I have my latency around 20 millisecends...sometimes more depending on the progam I am using..
MERCY EN!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up