LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What Type of Bass and Amp do you Use?  (Read 11417 times)

Offline Perfessor

• LGM Member
    • http://

What Type of Bass and Amp do you Use?
« on: March 26, 2005, 08:50:38 AM »
I was wondering what kinds of instruments and amplifiers people playing gospel are using. I own a Washburn Taurus T24 and a Behringer 1200 practice amp. I use an old Bassman at the place we play.

Offline djgroovin

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 10:25:01 PM »
I have a Peavy Microbass (50w) and an SWR 750x amp and Goliath III cab.  I love it!  I am in the market for a new bass.  Trying to make the right choice.  I am currently just playing my practice bass - Ibanez GSR200.

Offline browntree

• LGM Member
  • www.reverbnation.com/btree

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 01:07:32 AM »
I play a schecter stiletto elite 5.
I use an Peavey 900w amp with a Peavey Bassist EQ and
I a run a  4x10 Peavey cabinet and a 1x15 Ampeg cabinet.  It does pretty well.  I'm still saving up for the Ampet SVT-Pro EQ and 4x10 cabinet...

Offline SmithPlayer

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 12:01:05 PM »
I love the Schecter's They are a great value and sound incredible.

I play a Ken Smith BSR6M
on an Ampeg BA210 at home
at church I use a Behrenger Bass V-Amp and split to the PA and in ear monitors

FYI the schecter's that have the EMG HZs sound just like my bass for 1/4 the price  :oops:

Offline RyShawn

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 02:16:49 PM »
Smith, man did you order your Ken Smith from the factory? Depending on where my playing is in the next year or so, that may be my next bass. I know you don't just get a KS and you aint nice. I only know one cat back in my home town that owns one, but I don't know where he got his. Be blessed and keep thumpin'.
Be blessed and keep thumpin'.

Offline fatbaby78

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 07:15:03 AM »
I rock the shecter stilletto elite 5 also, a 4 string jazz fender deluxe( american). HARTKE 750 head coming out of 4x10 and 1x15 amp but looking for a nice GK head and ampeg amps
"Its in Your Praise"

Offline browntree

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 11:55:34 AM »
I honestly feel for your money, there isn't a better bass than a schecter.  The great thing is you get the active electronics (EMGs technology is the truth) and a neck through body.  The first time I played one, I said to myself I am going to by this bass.  My wife was like "I don't know how you are going to pay for it"  :D   The good Lord can hook a brotha up though...
The Studio 5 is sweet also, but I'm so satisfied with the elite 5!

Offline fatbaby78

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 08:02:47 PM »
YO BROWN, look on www.americanmusical.com. They send you the bass after your first payment and you just make two more payments for two months(a payment a month)that easy. But they dont sell the schecter on that. good luck man
"Its in Your Praise"

Offline browntree

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 08:20:25 PM »
Good lookin-out Fatbaby, but my wife would choke me if I bought another bass.   :D  You every seen a cat playing with hands around his throat?
My Schecter Elite 5 is versitle enough for everything I do.  I also have an Alvarez with EMG P-J's so I'm set right now.

Offline fatbaby78

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 08:47:47 PM »
I know man. Been married for 4 years and bought myself 3 basses for each of my 3 b-days out of our 4 yrs of marriage. Became an addiction. I want this olympic and Ill be on SWOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
"Its in Your Praise"

Offline Hezgotsoul

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 12:57:30 AM »
At church mostly I play my 6 string Ken SMith BT Custom with SWR SM 900 Head and SWR 6x10 Goliath.  On my gigs I travel lighter with my Eden 600WT and Eden 2x10 with my 5 string Fender Jazz

Offline JayZee

• LGM Member
    • gospel music train

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 01:28:32 AM »
Quote from: Hezgotsoul
At church mostly I play my 6 string Ken SMith BT Custom with SWR SM 900 Head and SWR 6x10 Goliath.  On my gigs I travel lighter with my Eden 600WT and Eden 2x10 with my 5 string Fender Jazz

8O  you remind me of a brother from FLCAPOSTOLIC..  8O

Then again I could be wrong

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That brother has some big time soul....
http://members.cox.net/rickmarquez/mp3,%20wav,%20wma/Deon%20He%20Who%20Dwells.mp3

God BLess You,
jayzee

www.gospelmusictrain.com

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

Re: What Type of Bass and Amp do you Use?
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 05:26:18 AM »
Quote from: Perfessor
I was wondering what kinds of instruments and amplifiers people playing gospel are using. I own a Washburn Taurus T24 and a Behringer 1200 practice amp. I use an old Bassman at the place we play.

I have the same Behringer 1200. I like it, it was cheap and it's loud and bass heavy. I would love to move up but extra money is lil to none. But why would I need more when I play at my church theres a PA system. I do own my own direct box.

Oh I play an Ibanez SRX300 4string Active eq, passive p/u. and a Fender Geddy Lee body with a Fret-less Greco neck.

TorontosFinest

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 07:39:07 AM »
Wassup yall, I play a 4 string Fender Jazz Marcus Miller Signature, 5 string Fender Jazz American Deluxe and a 6 string Warwick Corvette Pro Line.  I am going through a David Eden WT 800 amp. with a Eden 2x10XLT Cabinet.  I just recently ordered a Ibanez BTB Prestige 6 string with a thru neck.  I am hoping it is nice, cause I havent played it yet, but when it comes in I will give it a shot and let you all know how it is.  If anyone has played it, pls give me some feedback.

Offline Chtrja77

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 08:36:52 AM »
What's up Toronto!  

I thought you was trying to get a Smith? I saw that Ibanez before, Looks like a Fodera. Not sure what is sounds like, I think it has Bartolini pickups though.

How do you like your Marcus Miller bass?

TorontosFinest

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 12:29:37 PM »
Quote from: Chtrja77
What's up Toronto!  

I thought you was trying to get a Smith? I saw that Ibanez before, Looks like a Fodera. Not sure what is sounds like, I think it has Bartolini pickups though.

How do you like your Marcus Miller bass?

I know, I honestly cant afford it right now and I really dont see the need for it.  Yeah the Ibanez has Bartolini pick-ups and the wood is Maple.  The Marucs Miller bass is wicked, the tones are great and the feel is nice.  I love it and would "never get rid of it"!

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 06:10:45 PM »
Quote from: TorontosFinest
Wassup yall, I play a 4 string Fender Jazz Marcus Miller Signature, 5 string Fender Jazz American Deluxe and a 6 string Warwick Corvette Pro Line.  I am going through a David Eden WT 800 amp. with a Eden 2x10XLT Cabinet.  I just recently ordered a Ibanez BTB Prestige 6 string with a thru neck.  I am hoping it is nice, cause I havent played it yet, but when it comes in I will give it a shot and let you all know how it is.  If anyone has played it, pls give me some feedback.

David Eden peoducts........ WOW....

Spiritfingers

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 10:11:20 AM »
Toronto and 77,

Don't fret (no pun intended)!  I just got my BTB 1206 Prestige.  She's nasty, I name her Renee after my wife.  Cause she's like skinned like my wife and she has red mahogany fret board, mife has same color hair.

Anyway, you'll love it man.  She plays like a grown woman.  Not like a little girl that I was use to with other Ibanez's.  

You o boy was saying he got a new bass ever year.  This 1206 BTB is my sixth bass and I"m done.

I want 750x  SWR 4X10 AND 1X15 so if you know some who wants to get rid of one cheap.  Holla at your boy!  Then my plan will be complete

FINGAZ

Offline basedigrace

• LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/eriksancho

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2005, 10:51:42 AM »
I play a warwick 6 corvette. I took out the crappy electronics and slapped on an aguilar OB3 pre-amp. Big difference. I use a Euphonic Audio Iamp 800 amp and a Bergantino cabinet.

Offline funkinater

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2005, 05:24:28 PM »
I've had just about every high end bass you can think of, but I've ended
up with the Ken Smith black tiger 6.  My rig is an swr sm900 head, and for now the goliath junior III.  Ken Smith has got to be one of the best instruments out there right now.  They're pricey but worth every penny.

Funkinater
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up