LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What Type of Bass and Amp do you Use?  (Read 11421 times)

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

What Type of Bass and Amp do you Use?
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2005, 09:26:03 PM »
bargin shopper, I'm jusr cheap. But I do want what I want. I want to add a 5er to my (small) bag of tricks so I choose Ibanez sr505 it has Bartolinis in it EQ and p/u. Nice and for $550 or so. I would love a Warwick I just don't want the bottom end one it'll be a few years. I would go used. I love used but I compare I perfer new so I look for tthe cheapest option just new.

Offline wolldav

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2005, 10:10:03 AM »
sorry for late post,  but i use a Kensmith black tiger elite 6 string with a david eden wt800 amp and david eden d410 xlt speakers.  Sounds lovely and it works for me.  

I am in the market of buying a used older model fender jazz u.s.a. 4 string bass possible around the early 70's late 60's model.  

David

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

Update...New Rig!!
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2005, 12:12:27 PM »
God has blessed me with a new rig over the last month and I am so grateful and happy. I used to play a yamaha RBX 765a through a Fender BXR300 combo amp and also a Behringer bass amp to a SWR 4x10 at church. I really didn't like the way things sounded. I have been dissatisfied for a while.

Well things have changed. I am playing the same bass through a BBE BMAX bass preamp (http://www.bbesound.com/products/bass_preamps/BMAX/index.asp)a Samson SX1200 poweramp (http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1799&brandID=2) to an Avatar B212 bass cabinet (http://www.avatarspeakers.com/). Love it!![/url]
Conklin GTBD-7, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Glasstone Lil G2, Holy Bible

Offline mbz1969

• LGM Member

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2005, 04:30:02 PM »
Ok, I'll add my setup here.

J bass project
Dean Edge Pro 4strings
SWR 160 head (oldie)
Avatar sb112 4ohms cab in tolex.

The church I play in has a SWR WM10 with extension cab, plus PA support. An Ibanez 4 stings. This will suffice for a small congregation.

Can you tell I'm new :)

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2005, 02:24:53 PM »
Quote from: mbz1969
Ok, I'll add my setup here.

J bass project
Dean Edge Pro 4strings
SWR 160 head (oldie)
Avatar sb112 4ohms cab in tolex.

The church I play in has a SWR WM10 with extension cab, plus PA support. An Ibanez 4 stings. This will suffice for a small congregation.

Can you tell I'm new :)

Hey Mbz...how do youl ike your sb112. I love my b212. I wish they made them with the tolex cover too.

Offline mbz1969

• LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2005, 04:36:24 PM »
I'm very happy with it. For the sound, price, quality and service; I think it's hard not to be. The tolex is something they are now starting to put on their bass cabs.
I initially was going to get the 2x10 as a standalone, but made the switch to 1x12 to get more lower freq and still get a good midrange punch. The owner recommended the sb112 or 212 for standalone. I went with the sb112 because of the weight.

Quote from: Steelpulz

Hey Mbz...how do youl ike your sb112. I love my b212. I wish they made them with the tolex cover too.

Offline yazakar

• LGM Member
  • The Greatest insrument alive!!!!

amp
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2005, 05:34:29 PM »
:oops:      i am kind of embarassed to say but i have a fender RUMBLE 15 watt. my adjustments make it sound gr8. and i'm kinda' nasty on it too
There is only one God....

Offline ptidwell

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    • http://www.inspiredwordministries.org

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2005, 07:54:12 PM »
Well I am not surprised to see so many Smith's. They seem to be very prevalent in our genre. However a Smith is not in my arsonal.
My main bass is an F bass BN5, now I am surprised no one has listed an F Bass at all. Also getting some playing time is my Fernandes APB-5 modded with EMG P5J pickups with the BTS System. The Only four string in the stable is a Marcus Miller Sig with the J-Retro preamp absolutely killer.  I have a custom Valenti 5er on order that's going to kill with the dual coil Norstrand pickups and the Aguilar OBP-3.
The rig is a GK 2000RB through Acme B2 II when i don't fell up to moving it I use my Ampeg BA115 and the house system.
Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
http://lophatcabinets.com

Offline yazakar

• LGM Member
  • The Greatest insrument alive!!!!

WOW
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2005, 07:56:25 PM »
WOW GOSPAUL. VERY COMPLEX SYSTEM IT SOUNDS 2 ME :D
There is only one God....

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

Nice!!
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2005, 04:21:32 PM »
Quote from: Gospaul
Well I am not surprised to see so many Smith's. They seem to be very prevalent in our genre. However a Smith is not in my arsonal.
My main bass is an F bass BN5, now I am surprised no one has listed an F Bass at all. Also getting some playing time is my Fernandes APB-5 modded with EMG P5J pickups with the BTS System. The Only four string in the stable is a Marcus Miller Sig with the J-Retro preamp absolutely killer.  I have a custom Valenti 5er on order that's going to kill with the dual coil Norstrand pickups and the Aguilar OBP-3.
The rig is a GK 2000RB through Acme B2 II when i don't fell up to moving it I use my Ampeg BA115 and the house system.

My dream basses are Fbass and Nordstrand.

Offline Requiem

• LGM Member

gear
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2005, 09:05:29 AM »
I use a Conklin GT7, a Yamaha RBX350 that i defret. Both thru a A/B box into a Bass V-Amp from Behringer, and it goes into a custom made 200w Tube Amp, with 2 cabinets of 15". It sounds great, and the low frequencies are incredible. I also have used (and sold) a Ibanez SR350 (not recommended), and a Yamaha BBG5 (very good bass), a Tobias Growler 5 (the ones made by Mike Tobias himself, not Gibson's), but i need more strings, so i need this Conklin baby.

tondee

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2005, 01:35:12 PM »
Quote from: basedigrace
I play a warwick 6 corvette. I took out the crappy electronics and slapped on an aguilar OB3 pre-amp

Basedigrace,

Do you have any problems with that Aguilar ob3?  I did the same thing as you.  However, it will stop working at times.  I would have to remove the cover and relocate the wires, like seperating wires from one another.  It seems like there's bad connection but I went over everything, doublecheck.  I really don't want to take it out.  It sounds good, more than good.  Are you problem-free?

Tony

Dubster

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2005, 07:59:20 PM »
-Peavey Fury IV Bass = ~$350
-Zoom 708II Multi effects bass pedal = ~$125
-Vintage Yamaha Thirty 115B Combo Amp = $75 (eBay is awesome for local deals)

Sound = Priceless

Offline BtCustom

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

Swr Smith
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2005, 09:35:38 PM »
92 Ken Smith BTcustom Necktthru
Sm900 and Goliath 3 plus a Bag end 2x10

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2005, 12:36:04 PM »
Im jealous of your basses B3Wannabe.  :D I may have to get me an 8 string or you can sell me one of your basses.  :D Check this guy out
http://lordonly.net/lojtbas1.htm
He better be able to throw down.  :D

I got a Ibanez 4 String gsr100. Running it thru a old Peavy electronic Drum amp with a 15 and a horn.  :lol: I know I need a bass amp.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2005, 12:55:26 PM »
Me too!

My bass amp is feeling the effects of it being doubled as a keyboard amp, at home....I know. Don't shoot me!

I'm in the market for some powered monitors for my studio. I think I may get some 10s and a bass monitor. I'm not sure yet.

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2005, 01:01:52 PM »
LOL....From the site that MysteryMan posted:

So, you don't play 4-string anymore?

To be honest with you, not if I can help it.  They seem really boring to me now.Whenever I pickup a 4 string now, it feels like I'm holding one of them big crayons that we used to color with when we were little kids.

BIG CRAYON?! LOL

Offline Requiem

• LGM Member

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2005, 01:05:25 PM »
B3, do you have a pic of that bass? The 8 strings i think...

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2005, 01:08:35 PM »
Quote from: B3Wannabe

My bass amp is feeling the effects of it being doubled as a keyboard amp, at home....I know. Don't shoot me!

What????????????????????????  We need to bring you up on charges in front of the LGM Bass Court. :D
:)

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2005, 01:28:54 PM »
When I get my 2 10s bass cabinet Im plugging my keyboard straight into it. Our old bass player let me plug my Roland xp10 in his bass amp a few times. I thought I had a new keyboard. The bass amp sound better than the amps I was using. They need to make a bass/keyboard amp with a 15, a 10, and a horn or tweeter. I see the Peavy kb5 has 2 10s but not sure of how good it sounds.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up