LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some help bad!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2808 times)

Offline mareneo

• LGM Member
    • http://

I need some help bad!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 28, 2003, 12:12:25 PM »
I am working on a song and say the melody notes are C,E,D,F,E,A,B,D but I want to put them into chord form but I want more of a neo soul laid back feel to it.  How would I go about structuring my chords?  And just in general how could I go about building chords when I find the melody.  Please help me I don't really ask for much because I try to figure it out, but I have been stuck and I need some help could you give me the theory behind building chords when you figure out the medley.  Also want to add some spice to my playing I have a friend who plays real well but he doesn't know the theory behind his chord structure and he has some nice chords but he can't explain them to me so could you just help me figure out how to change the mood (feel, sound) of my music.  I want more of a neo soul style if I am making any since.  Any and all help is accepted.  Thank you so much.  And you be blessed

Mareneo

Offline aljeres

• LGM Member
  • IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS......
    • www.algieres.com

///
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 12:09:53 AM »
MARENEO,     YOU NEED TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH ME, OR LONGFINGERS OR HAMMONDMAN, OR ANYONE OF US ON HERE WHO CAN GIVE YOU SOME ONE ON ONE TIME AND HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND CHORD STRUCTURING,,,,,,,,I MYSELF AM AVAILABLE IF YOU WOULD LIKE...OR YOU CAN JUST KEEP COMING AND HAMMONDMAN WILL HIPP YOU UP!!!!!BUT I THINK 1 ON 1 TRANING HELPS BETTER!!!!HOW SERIOUS ARE YOU ABOUT LEARNING? GIERES!!!!!!!!
gieres.....

god is greatly to be praised!!!!!!!!!

Offline mareneo

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 02:03:44 AM »
If anyone wants to help me I am down for that I am willing and ready to take it to the next level.  Help me I am avaliable let me know when.  All of you all can help me.  Be my guess

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 08:51:36 AM »
How about a couple of tips for now? Add seconds and fourths to your chords . . . this is a sound often used to make chords more colorful, more textured. Say you are playing a regular C triad . . . C E G with the right hand. Adding a CC (C octave) with the left hand, and listen carefully. Basic, solid . . . a bit boring, right? Now move your left hand up to a DD with the same C E G in the right hand. Hear the difference? Try this with a fourth, too . . . meaning for the same CEG in the right hand, play an FF with the left. Seconds and fourths (like sevenths, which we really like in gospel music) add that texture that gospel has.  Be Blessed . . . BBoy 8)
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline mareneo

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 10:28:24 PM »
Thanx I am glad that someone finally help me out I was getting kind of worried.
Pages: [1]   Go Up