LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey LGM Fam! It has been a while.. I am still standing.  (Read 6239 times)

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Saved by GRACE .. Bass by choice

Hey LGM Fam! It has been a while.. I am still standing.
« on: January 30, 2018, 06:28:33 PM »
The last time I posted here was in April of 2016.. Shortly after that .. my world got turned upside down ...  again.. My wife of 27 years decided that she "was in a different place" and had "different needs" and had "moved on" .. and all that that signifies. That started around June ... she moved out in December of 2016.

I am in a good place today.. My divorce will be final soon.. I have met my soul mate.. and there is a twist with that that I will leave undisclosed for now.. but I finally understand the term.. My son is doing better.. but still not where he should be... I keep praying for him.. I am still at my home church.. still playing bass there.. and am waiting with baited breath for the 3rd act of my life. I never saw myself being single at 62.. but here I am .. and God is still good. I have no bitterness.. and when that one door closed.. another door opened. I have not skipped a beat and I can look in the mirror and not turn away.. not at all..

God is GOOD.

I will try to pop in here more often just to holler..
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

Re: Hey LGM Fam! It has been a while.. I am still standing.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 07:15:33 PM »
Having done all to stand, STAND! God bless bro from DC!

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 02:30:18 PM »
Welcome back bro. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but glad to see the recovery.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:40:51 AM »
Hey, Savn.  A fortune change for the better is always good to hear. Life throws some hard curves, even sinkers sometimes. You didn’t let yours get you out, and that is good. Great to say hello again.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 05:09:36 PM »
A lot has changed for us bro but, like you said, we're still standing!  If anyone would've told me that my 33 year old husband would die in 2013, I would've started swangin.....but through Christ, my kids and I are still standing. I used to hate when people would say, "God has a purpose for your pain", but it's true. My husband's death showed me who God truly is....My provider, my Wonderful counsellor, my EVERYTHING!! I better shetup because I get carried away but I just love what God has done and is doing for us!

There is a purpose for what you've been through Savnbass! Hang in there and keep standing!
Strike while the iron is hot!
Pages: [1]   Go Up