LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are they now?  (Read 26060 times)

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

Re: Where are they now?
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 04:18:37 PM »
I'm still about the same as my last post except I don't seem to have the energy I had when first got married.  ;D I'm still playing at church and a few other places here and there. I post videos on my YouTube channel every now and then.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 12:49:49 AM »
Hey, Mystery, ain’t the Jamaican patty picking you up? Good to hear all is well. I still practice a little each day and play out occasionally. I enjoy that. The best to you and family. May you have one of the best weeks ever. Oh yes, I might mention that the Yamaha P-115 keyboard is working out very well for me. I really like it. Keep playing—pop in on occasion.

Offline blyempowered

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 06:25:32 PM »
Hey everyone! I share the same sentiments as everyone else that a lot of my interactions with people on here happen on facebook/twitter now. I miss being here on the regular. I have no idea of the last time I posted, but I thought I'd just share a little bit about what's happened with me. I'm married for what will be 5 years in April. I have a stepdaughter. I'm in ministry as a licensed minister. I still lead our music ministry, but my role has shifted to allow me to do more administration in our music ministry while working with our youth ministry as well. After 14+ years of doing music ministry, I still love music, but I'm beginning to believe that it's time to go in a different with some things. We'll see what the Lord has in store.

I do miss this site in its prime. I joined this community in 2005 as an 18 year old hurting from life. This place helped me in the healing process. I am forever grateful for what this place did for me.

Blessings to you all!

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2019, 09:34:41 PM »
Good to hear from you, Bly. It’s great to know that you are doing well. The best to you and your family. Keep praying and playing. There has to be a blessing in your efforts for you and yours. Drop in and wave occasionally. God bless.

Offline mscatty

• LGM Member
  • Jesus is my help

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 02:49:24 PM »
Hey guys, its been a minute. I have been on here every now and then. A lot has hapoened. In 2015 my love, my best friend and husband passed away. The journey has been difficult but Ive got Jesus who keeps me day by day.

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 12:17:55 AM »
May God’s Grace go with you every day, blessing your memories and brightening your path with peace and happiness. Glad you stopped by today to touch bases.  Best wishes.

Offline mscatty

• LGM Member
  • Jesus is my help

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2019, 11:53:01 AM »
Thank you berbie!

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 07:57:47 AM »
You’re welcome.  It was good hearing from you. Have a great day.

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2020, 01:41:46 PM »
Hi,

I've not logged on for years - but today when someone asked me how I got started I got nostalgic and thought I would. The LGM Family really helped me back in the day (more than 10yrs ago I joined this site) and I wouldn't be the musician I am today without the members here.

Thanks

Offline Donta M Jones

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2020, 04:07:29 PM »
YouTube happened. But I think this community is worth preserving though. This is where things are leading back to know because YouTube has gotten very strict on shared content. The creators don't have as many rights as before.
To each... his own... Be creative.....

Offline Christlike1984

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Can someone show me where the transpose button is
    • Faith Community Bible Church

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2020, 09:34:17 AM »
I haven't been on here in years. I was browsing YouTube looking at videos of Sharay Reed and I recalled when I was inspired to pick up the bass and how I was hungrily searching for knowledge on this site. Due to a financial crisis I had to sell my equipment years back but I'm looking into getting new gear now. This site helped me so much and I hope that it's able to revamped and is able to help more musicians new and old.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he can never lose." Jim Elliot

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2020, 02:08:08 PM »
A wife and 4 kids later I pop in about every 6months to a year. lol
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline CJKeyboardPlaya

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2020, 05:12:30 PM »
I login in every now and then to see what's new or not new. I feel like the owners just left this site hanging without any vision or direction or even a goal. Anyway. I'm now apart of a prophetic ministry in Wilson,NC.  Not playing as much as I used to and I'm okay with that. I'm still a drummer at heart. You can find me on Twitter @MusiqSoulBoi. I hope to reconnect with some of you

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2020, 10:47:59 PM »
I am still around.   I guess I am old school because I am not on twitter/snapchat/facebook/instagram  etc.   I still play but a job change in the last year has moved me to Dallas Texas.   Prior to that I was  was still playing for my church and also had a community praise team that we ( me and a few of my musician friends) were building up.  Well I moved to Dallas ( I live in Desoto but work in uptown Dallas) in november of 2019  and the pandemic hit in march. So I have not yet found a church home  in texas but am  waiting for the corona virus  quarantines to be over ( and  for me to feel comfortable going out) before my family starts  its new search for a church home.

The wife and I are empty nesters now ( one kid working in Austin, the other still in college in Oregon).  but I still check in here from time to time just to see whats going on.  Seems like a few months back the site was completely down, Nice to see its back up and running again. I know technology moves forward but there is still a purpose and a place for LGM

jlewis

Offline dayspring

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2020, 07:07:51 AM »
This was by far, the best site for me and my church as we pieced together a band and then home grew that band! I serve as the Sr. Pastor of a faith community I established way back in 1995. We are celebrating 25 years here in 2020! What a blessing this site was for me to come to and teach those who had a passion to play but no skills. All of these years later, our band, which started out pitifully, has been invited to play on numerous occasions at various venues!! I have told them if they found a place that would pay them far better than the $2 over lunch money we give, then go! I couldn't get rid of these guys if I paid them! Many thanks to all the musicians from the way back, who freely gave and still give of their tremendous God-given gifts! With all the vast technology out there now, there is no place like this site that provides the comfort and familiarity of getting the basics and more from real masters of the game. I and my church family, consider ourselves so blessed as a result of the LGM community. Many thanks to you all!!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 05:31:22 PM »
I'm mostly on Facebook! I haven't played in a church in a while, but I still play at home.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2020, 03:49:42 PM »
Ready for the 'Return of LGM'?  ;D
:)

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2021, 12:50:44 PM »
I am very late with my Reply. I am still here.
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline dayspring

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2022, 09:13:14 AM »
Blessings LGM family! This site helped to bring me back from a real bleak time in my life, giving me focus, energy, and the commitment to give God my utmost for God's highest in every aspect of my life. I joined this site back in '05 I think. Was able to really learn music theory, apply it to begin a church band and watch the individuals of that band develop their crafts on various instruments--vocals, keys, horns, drums and for myself--bass guitar. The church God established and organized through me, has celebrated 26 years in ministry. The word goes forth in preaching, teaching, pastoral counseling, missions, songwriting, original musical and through sooooooooooooo much more!

LGM, with all of you amazing contributors, through your questions, chords and generosity, have done far more than you could ever imaging. 4HISGLORY, I hope you consider preserving this site. I use the social media platforms; but there is something unique and anointed about the ministry done here.

God bless all of you as we work together in building the beloved community of our God in Christ Jesus!

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2022, 11:53:53 AM »
Blessings LGM family! This site helped to bring me back from a real bleak time in my life, giving me focus, energy, and the commitment to give God my utmost for God's highest in every aspect of my life. I joined this site back in '05 I think. Was able to really learn music theory, apply it to begin a church band and watch the individuals of that band develop their crafts on various instruments--vocals, keys, horns, drums and for myself--bass guitar. The church God established and organized through me, has celebrated 26 years in ministry. The word goes forth in preaching, teaching, pastoral counseling, missions, songwriting, original musical and through sooooooooooooo much more!

LGM, with all of you amazing contributors, through your questions, chords and generosity, have done far more than you could ever imaging. 4HISGLORY, I hope you consider preserving this site. I use the social media platforms; but there is something unique and anointed about the ministry done here.

God bless all of you as we work together in building the beloved community of our God in Christ Jesus!

Amen
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up