LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This Aint My Type Of Crowd  (Read 3512 times)

This Aint My Type Of Crowd
« on: March 27, 2005, 11:11:15 AM »
yo, im bout to leave this site. Reason being? All cats on here do is talk about whose hot, and all that other stuff. I actually came on here to get new ideas from cats from all over the country. This part of LGM forum might has well bee named LearnGossipMusic cause that all cats do is run their mouth about other people, insted of having teaching posts like the other instrument forums.........peace!!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 06:03:11 PM »
That is sad! :(

Offline Funkaddictus_Groovus

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 06:44:33 PM »
hardcore,i have to agree with you man...there is WAY too much rambling about who is the "best".everybody has to realize that there are millions of drummers on this planet and you haven't heard most of 'em.this is not a race,you know,it ain't no track and field...to me the importance of a drummer or a musician(or an artist for that matter)is measure by his uniquness.and everybody in this world is unique.no two drummers will sound alike.it just happens that some of us are more blessed(they have THE GIFT)but more importantly they put in the extra work and a higher level of dedication that sets them apart,you know?forget about competition,be the best that YOU can be...and share your knowledge,it'll make you a happier person.leave the rankings for the sports papers.

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Re: This Aint My Type Of Crowd
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 09:12:32 PM »
Quote from: chrisdavejr
yo, im bout to leave this site. Reason being? All cats on here do is talk about whose hot, and all that other stuff. I actually came on here to get new ideas from cats from all over the country. This part of LGM forum might has well bee named LearnGossipMusic cause that all cats do is run their mouth about other people, insted of having teaching posts like the other instrument forums.........peace!!!!

Aint nobody forcing you stay.
Artistik Muzik

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 09:44:20 PM »
The hard part about drums is how can you write down something about the drums?  I havent seen anyone write down a chop, or fill.  So somebody develop a system of writing down fills, rolls, chops etc and it can be a more effective section of LGM.  God Bless ya
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline rudamentz

• LGM Member
    • http://www.whitneyslaten.com

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 01:05:12 PM »
i feel as drummers some drummers have big ego's and it does take away from the site...people need to understand there is always someone better...and thats what i love about drums that god makes us all different...and we each have our own interpetations of music in general...its sad that he is leaving, and sad that people say things that no one is forcing him to stay...you can tell the young cats...by how they talk...we do need to develop a system where we can write down ideas and post them....

Offline Browntiplocs

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 08:43:58 AM »
Wow! I'm glad I play the bass!!   8)

Naw...but on a serious note, I love the drums even though I can't play them well at all.  I would have to say that if I were a beginner or someone who wanted to "expand my horizons" by sharing ideas with other drummers, this forum would NOT be of much worth to me at all.  Some more posts of clips of other drummers' solos via mp3's or video clips would be nice.  How many of you own studio equipment?  Record yourself and post it.  Also someone with a large cd collection(Weckl, Chambers, Calvin, etc...) and/or frequents the music store could keep us up to date with latest projects.  The debates are cool when they are done in good taste but there should be a balance between learning threads and the miscellaneous ones. Just my 2 cents!

Offline pocketime

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 04:47:24 PM »
I have a very extensive drum CD library of varied styles and genres.  However, I do not have the technology currently to post them on the site.  I am however more than willing to burn copies of cool stuff that I have for those who are willing to email me there addresses.  I will turn you on to some cats like Vinnie, Erik Tribbett, Dennis, and the list goes on.  That is what this is about (partially) to share and grow as musicians.  PT.

Offline Pinaro

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 06:13:21 PM »
yo poCketimw u Culs send me some erik tribbett stuff dass my boii.....
drummerking452@msn.com
chris "Daddy" DAve ROCKS!!!
jesus ROX HARDER!!

BROOKLYN
Pages: [1]   Go Up