LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: just some praCtiCe tips  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Pinaro

• LGM Member

just some praCtiCe tips
« on: March 29, 2005, 10:53:46 AM »
Yo wat da Deal yah i havent been on da site in a while..ive been praCtiCin alot but anyway i been notiCing dat alot of pple ae Complaining about how dis part of da site is not benfiCial at all....an den some pple agree...and comment and stuff and its jus CyCle of comments and no tips...som imma b da 1st start wit da tips and da beficial stuff........
HHHHHHEEEERRREEE WEEE GOOOOOO!!!!!.....

1. I know alot of pple tryin 2 get the leff hand up...so i found an excrsize dat im sure will do any1 JustiCe and it goes alil somethin like diiiss.....

http://www.billrotelladrumbeatings.com/Lefthand.htm

2.anotha thing u Can do 2 work out yah yah 3 leff limbs is to reverse yah set so dat da leff foot is playin da bass drums and yah right 2 da high hat..its a lil compliCated at first but wen u get da hang of it u will see a big improvement on yah plyin as i did im talkin BBBIIIIIGGG man

3. 4 foot speed follow wat  Funkaddictus_Groovus sed 2 do dat really works.

thes plenty more wea dat Came from jus ask if u need more nahh mean lets get betta 2getha  :wink:  :wink:
chris "Daddy" DAve ROCKS!!!
jesus ROX HARDER!!

BROOKLYN

Offline Funkaddictus_Groovus

• LGM Member

just some praCtiCe tips
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 07:14:19 PM »
ok,i suggest we use this thread that pinaro started to post practical and beneficial practise tips(pinaro,u da man)

Here is one taken from zoro's book "the commandements of r'n'b".Its an excellent book as is his dvd of the same title.the guy is absolutely a genious on the subject.he examines the evolution of soul music from a historical,musical and instructional point.of course for some of you the information he provides may be yesterday's news, but for someone who lives so far away from the birthplace of this music it is absolutely essential.enough said.lets get down to business.

If you wanna practice a certain feel/groove(e.g.one handed 16th feel).Record a cd(or whatever medium you use for playing along to music)about an hour/hour and a half long.start with the slowest tune you can find that involves the feel that you'll be practicing.increase the tempo song by song finishing the cd with the fastest possible.the increasement of the bpm's is very importand.i guarantee you its an excellent workout.i made a cd with shuffles(in wich i SUCK!) and practiced today.i recorded myself and i swear, i heard a difference(wich started to be noticable after the first 7-8 tunes.try it you might love it !!!

next please...

Offline Pinaro

• LGM Member

just some praCtiCe tips
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 08:34:41 PM »
Dave weckl re-popularized this triplet concept in the 90's and
took it to a new level with his flawless execution and brilliant use of dynamics.
Drummers shouldn't underestimate the importance of this lesson as it will
lead to greater independence and freedom on the drumset
R = Right Hand
L = Left Hand
F = Right Foot

a. RLF                                          
b. LRF

a. FRL
b. FLR

a. RFL
b. LFR

a. RRF
b. LLF

a. FRR
b. FLL

a. FFR
b. FFL
jesus ROX HARDER!!

BROOKLYN

Offline Pinaro

• LGM Member

just some praCtiCe tips
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 08:36:49 PM »
Practice Ideas about da excersise posted above

1.Work them individually. Gradually and cleanly work up to speed.
2,Mix them up. Use your imagination! Start by playing A and B back to back.
2.Move these around to all drums and cymbals – left to right, etc.
3.Practice "continuous flow". Keep triplets going the whole time even while pausing between exercises.
4.Incorporate dynamics.
5,Try all examples with left foot on high hat or left bass drum pedal.
6.Mix doubles with singles, odd groupings, etc
jesus ROX HARDER!!

BROOKLYN
Pages: [1]   Go Up