LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW DO I MAKE MY LEFT HAND STRONGER  (Read 1492 times)

Offline BIGGNUTT

• LGM Member

HOW DO I MAKE MY LEFT HAND STRONGER
« on: April 02, 2005, 03:16:46 PM »
:D

Offline drummerboy25

• LGM Member

L hand
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 07:31:13 PM »
well 4 starters start doing everything u would normally do R handed with u're L hand. (exp: brushing u're teeth, combing u're hair, eating, etc.)

the more u get used 2 using u're off hand the better it will benefit u.
u can also practice doubles & triples on a pillow with u're Lhand.

hope this helps.  :D

Offline Funkaddictus_Groovus

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 07:32:20 PM »
1.Eveyday stuff that you normally do with your right hand,do with yourself(eating,opening doors,brushing your teeth etc.For advanced level student:shaving!BE CAREFUL with that one):)
2.Practice leading with your left hand.Play simple beats that you already have mastered.Try starting with your left hand when you fill.
3.Try this excersise:RH:8th notes on ride cymbal
                             RF:quarter notes on bass drum
                             LF: 2 and 4 with hh
                             LH:16th notes on sd
Strive for control and accuracy not speed.Start slowly and make sure you dont tense up.Later,add accents to the 16th notes.
4.Play 8  th notes with your hands starting with your left hand.Do this on a pad AND on a pillow.Add accents.(for accents you can use page 37 from ted reed's syncopation.like,page 37 for example.what you read will be your accents).
5.When you are at home,like watching t.v.allways have a stick on your left hand and play patterns on your thigh or on a pillow.just make sure you dont drive your family crazy.(yes,the sound of a stick hitting one's leg CAN be irritating for "normal" people :lol: )
6.If you have joe morello's ''master studies'' practice the whole "stone killers" section.follow the instructions of the book.its a GREAT book,by the way...

Be patient and good luck

Offline Funkaddictus_Groovus

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 07:33:49 PM »
:lol:   1.yourself=your left   :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up