LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dress Code  (Read 2258 times)

uniquepraise

Dress Code
« on: August 01, 2005, 08:09:05 PM »
Something to consider

I've recently found new revelation and wanted to share with all who are musicians, praise and worship leaders and or ministers of the Most High. I hope this blesses someone.

We know that we are a fashion conscience society but
what are you releasing spiritually through the colors your wear?

Psalmist (Praise & Worship Teams), Minstrels (Musicians) and Liturgical Dancers

Rom 15:6-That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (KJV)

Colors Meaning Scripture Reference

Red-- Blood atonement, salvation, sanctification, protection, blood convent
Matthew 27:28; Isaiah 1:18; Hebrews 9:12-14; Exodus 12:23; Leviticus 17:11, 14:52, 53

Orange-- Praise, warfare I Chronicles 23:13

Yellow-- Joy encouragement, gladness, countenance of God, God's glory Psalm 68:13, 84:11; Ezekiel 1:4, 8:2, Isaiah 51:11, 61:3; Hebrew 1:9; Matthew 17:2; Revelation 1:16;

Green-- New Life, rebirth, life everlasting, growth, prosperity, fruitfulness, resting in God, throne room I John 5:12, Psalm 1:3, 23:2, 37:35, 92:12-14; Hosea 14:8; Genesis 1:30; Mark 6:39; Revelation 4:3

Blue-- Grace, Heavenly realm, divine revelation, throne of God, God's commandments & covenant Exodus 24:10; Ezekiel 1:26, 10:1; Numbers 15:38

Purple-- Royalty, kingship, authority, wealth Judges 8L26; Mark 15:17, 18; John 19:2; Song of Solomon 3:10

White-- Purity, holiness, Holy Spirit, cleanses & purified, bride of Christ, righteousness Psalm 51:7, Matthew 17:2, 28:3; Revelation 3:4-5; Daniel 7:9, 12:10; John 20:12

Black-- Sin, death, famine, affliction Jeremiah 8:21, 14:2; Lamentation 4:8, Revelation 6:5

Gold-- Deity, divine nature, God's glory, Holiness/royalty, righteousness Exodus 37, 40:34-35; Revelation 1:13-14, 4:4, Malachi 3:3

Silver-- Redemption, God's word Numbers 18:15-16; Matthew 27:2-9; Psalm 12:6; 66:10

Pink-- Right relationships, Jehovah's heart Romans 3:25; Revelation 19:8

Bronze-- Judgment Exodus 27:1-3; 30:17-21

Brown & Gray-- Repentance, humility, humanity Esther 4:3; Genesis 1:10; I Corinthians 15:47

Offline DivineIvy08

• LGM Member
    • http://

Dress Code
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 08:21:08 PM »
Oh thank goodness, pink is one of my favorite colors, and so is green by the way :)  I'm a little saddened by the "black" color scriptures, that is one of the sharpest neutrals out there!!  What do you get when you search for ebony??  :wink: lol...j/k

uniquepraise

Re: Dress Code
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 08:24:29 PM »
As long asblack is partnered with something then its okay.  Like a red shirt and black pants/skirt.   Its amazing how colors in the natural mean one thing but in the spiritual they mean something else.  A lot of people in our ministry felt black meant power and authority until we searched the scriptures.

JoyCH

Dress Code
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 09:50:03 PM »
I never looked at colors that way. Nice post.

Joy

Offline LorenzoS

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Dress Code
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 03:16:46 AM »
i agree with Joy..Im gona print this up..thanks soo much Unique!!!

but since were talkin dresss codes.....

I haev a problem...I have a memeber on my P&W team that isnt adhering to the rules of wearin  modest clothin when they're up ministerin in song.

she wears sleeveless tops...that look tank topish and I'ev told her about it...Even the PAstors wife asked me about it...I told her that I spoke the member....

What should i do....sit her down?...i mean i want her to sing..but its seems like she just wont stop being rebellious.......
We can go from Glory to Goofy in a matter of seconds, by not heeding HIS voice. M.G. Blankenship

uniquepraise

Dress Code
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 10:05:15 AM »
Well, first make sure that shes not wearing the only thing she has, if not, then maybe sit her down and ask her to explain the importance of dress while ministering, once you are sure she understands completely and still is rebelling, then I would sit her down.

Offline dingster1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • DINGTHING

Dress Code
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 12:31:39 PM »
Another thought. Show her the scriptures that talk about the Levites being clothed all in the same garment...... looking the same ,sounding the same

Offline Soul_Flower

• LGM Member
  • Sweet As A Rose!!

Dress Code
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 01:58:32 PM »
That's a cool thing to know though. My favorite colors are any shade of purple & pink.  And it's funny you should say that pink is the heart of Jehovah, because the heart is my favorite shape.  :wink:  :wink:
If you take the time to smell the roses,
life will be much more sweeter.  Smooches!!

Offline LorenzoS

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Dress Code
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 01:51:23 AM »
thanks yall for your input
We can go from Glory to Goofy in a matter of seconds, by not heeding HIS voice. M.G. Blankenship

uniquepraise

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 09:08:16 PM »
Found this from way back when. ;D

Share your thoughts.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 09:31:31 PM »
Thanks for sharing
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 08:55:58 AM »
thanks, looks like some solid info here. I think I needed this

Offline Iamluv

• LGM Member
  • All my children

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 08:56:27 AM »
i agree with Joy..Im gona print this up..thanks soo much Unique!!!

but since were talkin dresss codes.....

I haev a problem...I have a memeber on my P&W team that isnt adhering to the rules of wearin  modest clothin when they're up ministerin in song.

she wears sleeveless tops...that look tank topish and I'ev told her about it...Even the PAstors wife asked me about it...I told her that I spoke the member....

What should i do....sit her down?...i mean i want her to sing..but its seems like she just wont stop
being rebellious.......

I, would explain to this member,  based on the scriptures why it is wrong for her to dress as she does and that also disobeying authority is also a sin committed.  If after that conversation she refuses to dress apropriately,  then i feel she should be sat down.  There are others watching and we know that there are some who are still being processed in this area and may think it`s alright for them do to the same, based on what they see. As leaders, we are to be examples.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 

Continued blessings and be encouraged.

``......... Greater is He that is in you, than he than he that is in the world``
Pages: [1]   Go Up