LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet Another Improvisation Article - Modal Improvisation  (Read 2640 times)

Offline darkwing

• LGM Member
    • Free Gospel Resource

http://freegospelresource.com - Free charts, progressions, voicings, theory and organ resources.

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: Yet Another Improvisation Article - Modal Improvisation
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 09:10:32 AM »
Well said "Metrius39", and welcome to the LGM family.....Stay Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline darkwing

• LGM Member
    • Free Gospel Resource

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 10:57:08 PM »
 ?/?  Looks like you meant to reply to a different post...

Im new to this site and im loving every bit of it...i went to school for music theory...i dont remeber right off what all the chords are in the key of E but i can look into it and and post some chords up for you and i will find out the progressions for you...you have to think of it like this...any key you are new too or dont play in a lot will be kind of hard at first..but i promise you the more you play in that key the better you will be in it...everyone has made some great points about this subject... i like the one when they said no key is hard to play in...thats true...its what you make of it....its just like when you first started playing the piano....you had to learn how to play the songs before you could play them..its the same with what ever key you play in...weather it be Ab, D#, B...or what ever the key maybe...you still have to learn the key before you can play in it...so take your time and learn it at a pace  you feel comfortable at...its all about adapting to the new key..it also helps develope the strength of you fingering...its important to know the E scale too...the scale pretty much tells you what chords are in the key of E...until then i will find some chords for you that sound very jazzy in that key....peace out and God Bless!!!
http://freegospelresource.com - Free charts, progressions, voicings, theory and organ resources.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
?/?  Looks like you meant to reply to a different post...

I agree wit ya, I took care of it.  ;)
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up