LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logic, Cubase, etc  (Read 4871 times)

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

Logic, Cubase, etc
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »
So I'm getting my Mac in about a week and want to know which recording software to use. Should I go with logic, cubase, protools or just use garageband since it's included for starters?

Offline apex

• LGM Member

Re: Logic, Cubase, etc
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 01:39:40 AM »
give Garage Band a shot.  It's like a low-end version of logic.  Once you get used to Garage Band consider stepping up.  The VST instruments in Logic and Pro Tools are GREAT!!!! I really really like the built in instruments in Pro Tools... but I like Logic's interface more (probably because I've used it more)
I'm Blessed To Be A Blessing!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Starlingj

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Iron Sharpens Iron"
    • SmoothChords : Piano Lesson Video Tutorials

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 03:56:09 AM »
I agree. Garageband is Great. You can do so much with it. Then as stated earlier get Logic Studio - The Full Version and you will be good to go. Lots of forums online to help you get going.

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 06:56:09 AM »
Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. One more question what type of interface should I use? I have Steinberg CI2 that I picked up and it came with Cubase AI5 would this work or should I get something else to use for Garageband and later for Logic?

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 07:09:40 AM »
Where are the good jazz drum tracks in GB or Logic?The individual drum tracks (jazz) are pretty wank-but if you hit the "Lizard Lounge "there's ome 2-4 bar piano/bass/drums that are pretty good.

Pages: [1]   Go Up