LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Name is TJ, and I'm A Bookaholic  (Read 4297 times)

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

My Name is TJ, and I'm A Bookaholic
« on: May 17, 2012, 03:56:42 PM »
Y'all, I have a problem.  :(

I can NOT go into a bookstore and not buy a book. I have a million books I'm supposed to be reading, but yesterday I went into a Barnes and Noble to get a CD, and it felt like those books were calling my name! I ended up spending $25 on a book call "Return of the Dapper Men".

This is the third book I've bought THIS WEEK! AND IT'S ONLY THURSDAY!!!

Please comfort me. Help me feel like I'm not alone in my geekness.

blyempowered

Re: My Name is TJ, and I'm A Bookaholic
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 05:37:42 PM »
Y'all, I have a problem.  :(

I can NOT go into a bookstore and not buy a book. I have a million books I'm supposed to be reading, but yesterday I went into a Barnes and Noble to get a CD, and it felt like those books were calling my name! I ended up spending $25 on a book call "Return of the Dapper Men".

This is the third book I've bought THIS WEEK! AND IT'S ONLY THURSDAY!!!

Please comfort me. Help me feel like I'm not alone in my geekness.

THIS!!!  :-[

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: My Name is TJ, and I'm A Bookaholic
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
I'm like that, too, and it's really a shame. My book addiction, though, is part of a larger problem. I just feel comfort and ease spending money. It's therapeutic for me. Spending money makes me feel good, whether it's $5 or $500.

Now when it comes to books.... SMH.... first of all, as you guys know, I'm in an accelerated program, which means I'm taking two to three 3-credit classes in 8 weeks. That's a LOT of reading. I have zero time to read "fun" stuff right now, but that hasn't stopped me from buying every single book that has been recommended on this site (minus the sci-fi type of books). Anything that's Christian or self-help, I've bought it. Have I read it? Of course not. Do I expect to be able to read it at any point in the next year? Probably not. But, I have it. :-\ :-[

AND THOSE DOGGONE BOOKSTORES ARE THE WORST!!!! The last time I went in one, a few weeks ago, I ended up buying a book for me, books for my niece (who is an avid reader, at 6), journals for gifts, and a set of book ends. Oh, I also bought some gong gadget that I thought was pretty cool. I guess it looks good on my desk or something, Idk... but yeah, me and bookstores really shouldn't spend a lot of time together.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.
Pages: [1]   Go Up