LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why church folks trip when we play songs sound like the blues/rock?.....  (Read 4862 times)

Offline Sweetsoundrecordss1

• LGM Member

:) :)Hey this is my first time. Why do churches be tripping on what kind of music to. Play?
Like some of the old school songs do sound like the blues right . But  that's how. The or rocking and patting of the feets came in ok. Now praise and workship is ok . Ok but some of those songs to sound like rock music in the 80 ' s . Right . Like . Let it rain / purple rain and so on so why are they tripping?

Need a good organist call me at 323-674-9154.  Dion cranford......

Hey if you know who looking for. Good organist in Atlanta or Dallas, area hit me  at 323-674-9154 dion cranford......

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Why church folks trip when we play songs sound like the blues/rock?.....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:42:53 PM »
Flesh - They complain because they can - like the children of Israel in the wilderness under Moses...

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Why church folks trip when we play songs sound like the blues/rock?.....
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »
If the song reminds me too much of the secular song it's sampling (or merely sounds like), I'd 'complain', too.  Meaning, I might enjoy the song but it probably wouldn't minister to me.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

It's because the songs give them feelings that they associate with worldly things, not spiritual things, so they "trip".
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"
Pages: [1]   Go Up