LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Networking 101  (Read 7321 times)

Offline WonderBreadV7

• LGM Member

Networking 101
« on: February 16, 2015, 05:15:40 PM »
Can anyone give me tips or links to articles on how to Network better and get more gigs? Honestly, I'm not that much of a people person (I'm getting better), so I feel I need some instruction.

Thanks

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

Re: Networking 101
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 06:57:59 PM »
You've got to get out and meet people in the places that you want to play at. Introduce yourself and let people know who you are and what you do. Every time you play is a possible audition.  Always be confident, humble, and easy to get along with. Always have your contact info on hand and some type of demo of you playing in cyberspace somewhere.  Love and stay passionate about your craft. Always set a goal to improve your skills.

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

Re: Networking 101
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 09:50:54 AM »
I usually don't market myself but I just pray. lol There are different ways of going about it. I actually plan on getting some business cards made up again. I did this a long time ago and put a couple in some businesses. I got calls not too long after. You will get a lot of calls from people wanting you to play at their church for free. There ain't nothing wrong with that but at the time I was only doing weddings, fill ins and special services. That was years ago. In the last few years I filled in for a musician that is well known around town. I called him about a year and a half ago If there were any churches looking for musicians. His pastor had another small church that needed someone to fill in. I filled in and ended up being there the last year and a half. :D The musician that told me about it left to start a ministry and I had the opportunity to take both churches but I did not because of my new family. They love me playing at the churches. I've also had other opportunities because of playing at that small church because the pastor knows other people. I actually fill in for him now at times.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up