LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inexpensive 88 key digital pianos  (Read 4664 times)

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Inexpensive 88 key digital pianos
« on: October 06, 2017, 08:47:00 AM »
I am considering the purchase of an inexpensive 88 key digital piano and have looked at a number of possibles.  The Yamaha P-115, The Roland FP-30 and the Kawai ES-110, and on the outside, the Roland FP-50 on sale now for $400.00 more than the Yamaha are on my narrowed down list of choices. Has anyone had any experience with any of these boards.  If so, how would you rate either or all of them?

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

Re: Inexpensive 88 key digital pianos
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 07:14:40 PM »
your purchase has to be new?

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »
I tend to like the Yamaha DGX 650, and they have the 660 now so previous models should be cheaper. The good thing about digi pianos is that they're usu. on display at your local Guitar Center. Go play a few. Thats probably how I came to like the DGX.

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 11:47:07 PM »
Yes, I prefer new. I haven't tried the DGX660. I'll look at one tomorrow.  The P-115 is on sale at a discount, and I have about decided to buy one.  As a matter of fact,I'll look at the specs on the 660 on the web site tonight and be prepared to buy tomorrow if it fits better than the P-115.  Otherwise I'll get the P-115.  Thanks for the info.

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 11:21:47 AM »
Not sure what your budget is but the Casio CGP-700BK  is a very good digital piano. I played it a couple months ago. The stereo sound it produces is awesome!

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 07:25:47 AM »
I have seen a lot of favorable comments on Casio digital keyboards and some of them do sound good, but they all (those that I have had experience with) seem to make loud clacking key noises when played. I don't think anyone but the person playing them can hear them, but the noises always bothered me.  I fear buying a Casio for that reason. Is there a lot of key noise when playing the 700bk? I have not yet made a purchase, but am thinking Yamaha. However, the Casio has a lot more desirable features.

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 06:40:44 AM »
If it is still on sale today, I am buying the Yamaha P 115.  In case anyone else is thinking of buying an inexpensive digital piano, I will report after a weeks use outlining my findings on the sound, qualities and features of the board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up