LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eager baby christian  (Read 2587 times)

Offline mae-fluffy

• LGM Member

Eager baby christian
« on: May 12, 2005, 10:35:12 PM »
I'm a 26-year old baby christian. Who wants to sing gospel music for real and maybe eventually professionally. I've been in this church for less than 10-months and in the choir for about 4-5 mths and we meet once a week to practice for service on songs every one else knows and I just basically memic what I hear. Every since I can remember I've just memiced others. I want more! I never really learned how to read music just sang by ear. When ever I lead a song (which isn't often) it doesn't feel like me but the church folk think I've been doing this for years. I'm seeking to find my voice, my sound so I can truely service my god. I just don't know where to start and being in a very small town with basically no resources I feel trapped. Is there anyone that can help a eager learner? :?

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Eager baby christian
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 02:50:29 AM »
Prasie God! The Body nees more anointed, eager singers for God's Kingdom. That's great!

Working your gift is of utmost importance, but of course the primary thing to focus on for any baby Christian is the Word of God. You will probably love the Psalms, as they were songs written by musical saints just like yourself.  So dig in and "eat" your fill!  :lol:
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline Cavey

• LGM Member
    • http://

Eager baby christian
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 03:38:53 AM »
Hi Mae-Fluffy,
You should also pray and ask God to help you use your gift according to His will.  Personnally, I love to praise and worship God through singing throughout the day whether it's with or without music.  So you may want to try singing with or without music too.  You have to practice to perfect the gift that God gave you.   :D When you're praising and worshipping God through song, remember, you need to sound like you and not try to mimic other people. Just let God use you and your natural voice to praise and worship Him because you are a child of God with your own voice.   :D  
                                              Take Care,
                                              Sonja

Re: Eager baby christian
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 07:57:46 PM »
Quote from: mae-fluffy
I'm a 26-year old baby christian. Who wants to sing gospel music for real and maybe eventually professionally. I've been in this church for less than 10-months and in the choir for about 4-5 mths and we meet once a week to practice for service on songs every one else knows and I just basically memic what I hear. Every since I can remember I've just memiced others. I want more! I never really learned how to read music just sang by ear. When ever I lead a song (which isn't often) it doesn't feel like me but the church folk think I've been doing this for years. I'm seeking to find my voice, my sound so I can truely service my god. I just don't know where to start and being in a very small town with basically no resources I feel trapped. Is there anyone that can help a eager learner? :?

I agree with you on wanting to get out but let God direct your path and you will get far
Pages: [1]   Go Up