LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: STUCK IN THE MIDDLE  (Read 3337 times)

Offline singingangel

• LGM Member

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE
« on: June 01, 2005, 12:20:45 PM »
I'm an 18 year old girl, and I have a passion for music like no other. I've decided that some day, I do want to sing professionally. I've racked up about 2000 dollars in the last 5 months from local talant shows. I love the lord, I'm saved and it may seem impossible in America, but I'm living right. I sing on praise team, Direct the youth choir(till I go off to college) and I'm Jr. Director of the adult choir. I also sing in an all girls gospel group that sings around the city called 1-N-him. I know that one day, I'm going to make it big singing, but I want to sing everything. I want to explore into the R&B world and sing some gospel. I don't know if I should start out in R&B and devote my second half of my career to gosple. Is this wrong to want to do both? Help someone.[/b]

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 01:08:07 PM »
It is wonderful that a young lady like you have got yourself so much together. Thank God for you and those holding it down like you for Jesus!

Rather than flat out answering your question, maybe the best thing would be just to seek God for yourself about it. I remember another young lady who thought she could live right and sing for the world, too . . . . she wound up on drugs, etc. Maybe she thought she was stronger than she was. Thought she could handle it.

Anyhoo, seek God for yourself. Get into the Word of God in an indepth, personal way. It may not be well known, but you can live quite well as a gospel artist. Mary Mary, Smokie Norful, Yolanda Adams, Kierra Sheard, etc . . . . all of them holding it down for Jesus.

But this is a decision only you can make. Make it with much Word and prayer. You might also want to talk to people in the industry and see what it actually is like.

Be Blessed!  :D
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

wowzer!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 04:40:21 PM »
...why the world before God?......such a great question.  The real issue here is who will pay you the most.  You are going to find that singing for Jesus is a spiritual thing!....But singing for Jesus for money is a whole lot like singing R&B.  
...Money changes things quite a bit. If you believe that God is sending you, then go where you will and God will bless your path...still the love of money is the root of all evil!

Proffessional Gospel and proffessional R&B have much more in common than you might think.

Be sure to stay close to God...in prayer and in judgement....There are sharks out there...They know how to say what you need to hear to make you comfortable....then BAM!.....

Keep people that you trust and also know Christ very close to you...and listen to their feedback....they will see when a change comes and remind you of where you are headed.

JoyCH

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 08:43:32 PM »
No matter what advice you get - you're going to do what's in you heart. Bboy is right, seek God for yourself. Only you and God can work it out.

Joy

Offline littlebear

• LGM Member
    • http://www.audignostic.com

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 09:59:41 PM »
When you think about it you already have what you need. I suggest to you to always put GOD first.  Don't accept input from just anyone or anything, sometimes all of us use that as an opportunity help justify what our flesh desire's and not what GOD has planned for us. Stay prayed up and GOD will allow you to see what is best for you.

Best wishes to you  :wink:
and may GOD bless

http://www.audignostic.com/index.html

Offline princeday

• LGM Member
    • http://

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 02:16:30 PM »
Singing it a form of art and art is expression. Sometimes you may want to express how good G*d has been to you or you may want to express how your boyfriend broke your heart.  

On Destiny's Child's Survivor album you can find the best acopello(sp, maybe) worship medley i ever heard.

I think it is find for you to pursue a R&B music career (So long as it is tasteful :?). As long as you are fully pursuaded that you're doing the right thing. If you look in the mirror b4 one of you're performances and feel like G*d wouldn't approve of the song you're going to sing, then don't sing it.

They way i see it sometimes I'm thing all about jesus and sometimes I'm thing about the basketball game last night. There isn't anything wrong with my Bball thoughts!

holla! :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up