LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Zildjian is Loosing to SABIAN  (Read 9765 times)

Zildjian is Loosing to SABIAN
« on: June 10, 2005, 04:34:08 PM »
I brought the following cymbals almost 2 monts ago:

13in K HiHats
8in A. splash
16in A Custom Fast Crash
15in K Dark Crash Thin (Brilliant)
14in K Custom Fast Crash
20in K Custom Dry Ride

I had to get rid of both of the fast crashes because the didnt give me that explosive warmness that im used to getting from Zildjian...until i thought about this 16in SABIAN AAXplosion crash i played in the studio. My 15in K is holding up well, in fact im bout 2 polish it up as soon as im done with this....but i think im going to roll with both companies. What do yall think?

Offline Simnel19

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 06:37:53 PM »
What's up man

It's funny because up until a few weeks ago, I hated Sabian cymbals.  I had a change of heart when I played that 16" AAXplosion.  Also, when I got a catalog of their cymbals I saw that Eric Tribbett uses all Sabians and I really like the sound of his splashes.  So, as of now, it's over with.  I'm gonna widening my horizons with Sabian.

God Bless
Sim

Offline bmoredrummerguy

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 11:38:37 PM »
No doubt that sabians are very musical cymbals but there crashes just dont hold up for their to flimbsy and just about any cymbal they have zildjian has a cymbal that matches up or over kills them go wit zildjian they last longer and the sound stays no matter how many years u keep the cymbal

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 03:35:32 PM »
Once a Zildjian man,always a Zildjian.

Offline Drumworkshop

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 05:54:50 PM »
i'm a sabian man myself.....i think sabian is more out the box! i love their evolution line especially the OZONES. and the "effecks" crash is nice too. but for the conservative the new "vault" line is tight!! to me they're like the big brother of the AAX. they're a little glassier and explosive...but yet still clean. SABIAN ALL THE WAY FOR ME!!! 8)

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 09:06:51 PM »
I just love tha K logo on my cymbals......but yeah SABIAN got some hot stuff. Imma keep trying Zildjian though, because when i was playing today, i put on this old Zildjian, it had to be like a 14 or 15 thin crash and it had a lot of explosion to it. I really liked it, actually i was in the groove with my sound.

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 07:31:19 AM »
the reason zildjans are a LITTLE more durable is because they are like POTHOLES  :evil:  :!:  :D , they are just hunks of metal which is why they are not musical cymbals.  and when someone like dave weckl LEAVES zildjan for SABIAN, i think there is something to be said for that fact. and most of the hot drummers out right now are using SABIAN
   WOO HOO FOR SABIAN :lol:  :lol:  :!:
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline korg_gyrl_versatile

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 08:45:12 AM »
I'm a SABIAN girl myself, I been using Sabian cymbals ever since I started playing the drums, the other kind is ok but I just love Sabian. :)

Offline phat33

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 02:35:11 PM »
Sabian all the way.  The Evolutions are thin but the cut so nice and the Dark Crashes are nice too.  I got the 21' Hand Hammered Ride and I can't tell you how nice that is.........

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 03:56:42 PM »
I see I am in the wrong section!  I love Zildjian I grew playing them.  Yall tell me what sabian cymbal line is better than K's?

Offline kaddw

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 02:36:41 PM »
The Sabian line aaxplosions are the truth. I have a 14' and two 16', rockin... and as someone else stated it spoke volumes when someone like Dave left Zildjian for Sabian.

Offline DuvalsLilJohnLumpkin

• LGM Member
  • "Music has the power to shape character"

Here it is....
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 03:46:57 PM »
Zildjian: Hi-Hats, crashes, splashes, and rides.
Sabian: OZONE :twisted: Yeah Baby!
wUhAn: CHINAZ!

That's the way it's supposed to be 8) !
John 'Lil John" Lumpkin

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 05:58:14 PM »
For the Dave Weckl comment: THE ONLY REASON WHY DAVE LEFT SABIAN IS NOT FOR THE SOUND, IT WAS BECAUSE ZILDJIAN WOULD NOT MAKE DAVE HIS OWN PERSONAL CYMBAL LINE LIKE SABIAN DID.  BY THE WAY  TRUE DAVE WECKL FANS  NOTICE THAT HE HAD K'S.  AND HE PROBABLY WILL STILL PLAY THEM!

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 06:00:53 PM »
Oh yeah Freddy then Sabians are hunks of metal too!  NEWSFLASH: Both cymbal lines are made from the same metal!

Offline kaddw

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 06:49:39 PM »
Sabian didn't make him his own either, the line that his signature is own was already made. And i've been with dave when he first started with chick, your right Zil' was there, but now there not.

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 10:17:18 PM »
Isn't it about what "you like" not what Dave likes that determines what cymbals you get? I think that there is at least one cymbal by every manufacturer that I like. So I can't choose. The one thing that I can say is the manufacturer that has the most cymbals to my liking is Sabian but I'm not saying that they're the only cymbals I'd play. I like some Meinl cymbals, some Zildjians, some UFIP, very little Paiste, and Wuhan. The only way I would promote one is if I get a check in the mail with a note that says here's to your new endorsement. Hopefully that would be Sabian (no offense to any other company).
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 01:25:48 PM »
man i like them both. i have mostly ziljian. but i have a sabian o-zone crash. thats like my fav cymbal. im like this, i use what sounds good. until someone endorses me i will use whatever cymbals i like.

Offline drummerboy25

• LGM Member

cymbals
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2005, 03:28:06 PM »
i use a mixture of both companies, but predominately Sabian.

Sabian-Pro 13" Hats
Sabian-Pro 15" studio crash
Sabian-AA 10" splash
Wuhan-12" china
Zildijian-20" ping ride

j_kay

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 05:36:24 PM »
I play what I like, and Sabian just happens to be the majority of my setup.  I am open to whatever sounds good, as I am not endorsed by any of the cymbal companies.  

If you're interested in my set up here is the listing (all cymbals are in a brilliant finish, by the way):

7" Signature Mike Portnoy Max Splash
10" HHX Evolution Splash
13" AAX Fusion Hi-Hats
16" Hand Hammered Dark Crash
17" AAXplosion Crash
18" Hand Hammered Dark Crash
18" Vault Crash
18" Zildjian A Custom China
21" Hand Hammered Raw Bell Dry Ride

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 11:17:54 PM »
waydrummer i am NOT a retard..... :D  :o  it is the difference between good and not so good, between just a hunk of metal and a beautiful cymbal.  the AAX are better than k's the evolutions are better the hh and hhx are better than k's.  the zil's are just NOT MUSICAL...... it is all about personal preference and and personal taste.... then again some people like some horrible things
   holla :)
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up