LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TO EVERYONE>  (Read 2501 times)

TO EVERYONE>
« on: June 24, 2005, 05:33:08 PM »
TO EVERYONE>

What is the best drum machine????

I have used akai mpc2000xl and I need to get one myself. What is a good machine, is Akai the best brand (or not?), and what are plusses/minuses about your favorite machine.

I posted this question here because almost every different musician on every different instrument has an opinion about this...

Thanks, West

HammerRock

TO EVERYONE>
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 09:45:09 PM »
drum machine? DRUM MACHINE? Yuck..... the best drum machine is a drummer filled with the Spirit of the Lord!  :D

Peace... (guess you could tell I'm a drummer!)

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

TO EVERYONE>
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 08:00:42 PM »
well im a drummer too, but kickin with a drum machine adds a nice feel to the music and its fun to play along to. in fact in order to get most gigs u will have to play along to loops. drum machines dont replace drums, it accompanies the drums. but anyway, the akai mpc 1000 is the best buy rite now cuz its has all the main features of the 2000xl. its about $900 new. or u can get a mpc 2000xl. if u have a laptop u can get a program called reason. those are my top picks. yall be blessed!

Offline lildrummaboy_987

• LGM Member
    • http://

TO EVERYONE>
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 09:50:55 PM »
try a roland r8

Offline bmoredrummerguy

• LGM Member

TO EVERYONE>
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 10:09:01 PM »
roland sp 606 is hot also if it doesn't have the sound u want plug up a mic and start making ur own sounds

FerrariRed

TO EVERYONE>
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 10:25:21 PM »
I was going to get the MPC 1000, but from talking to some of the stores, the US and the distributor of AKAI (overseas) have broken some type of agreement they had and it's difficult next to impossible to get them serviced.  My next choice is at the link below Roland MC909.  Anyboby no anything about this one.  I'm pretty excited about it.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/details.asp?catid=4&subcatid=0&prodid=MC%2D909[/url]

CATRON

TO EVERYONE>
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 10:59:21 PM »
Well Right now I haven't used a drum machine in 342 days (almost a year) Mine has been in the shop for EXTENSIVE repairs and ENHANCMENTS. So we've been using the motif es rack moudel. And I'm staring to like it better than the MPC 2000. The only thing is when you have a drum break I usually start punching in little hits. But since it's a rack moudel to make a track you have to midi a keyboard. So I just let it play.

Zilpex

TO EVERYONE>
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 12:41:21 AM »
I love my Roland SP 808EX!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up