LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your opinion on these cymbals!!  (Read 1490 times)

Joro

Your opinion on these cymbals!!
« on: September 03, 2005, 04:38:58 PM »
Sabian HHX Evolution Crashes, Zildjian A Custom Fast Crashes or K Custom Fast Crashes.Which one does sound better to your ears??

JFunky

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 05:18:41 PM »
Dawg, the Evo's are good and so are the KCustom Fast Crashes.  The HHX aren't fast though.  They are just thin crashes with some projection to them.  I heard the K Custom Fast Crashes at the local GC and I liked them.  I'm really not feeling the A Custom Fast Crashes because I like the regular A Custom Crashes better.  If I had to get one then it would be the 15 inch but that's it.

TheEvolution

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 06:09:23 PM »
well i can say those HHX Evolutions have "lush brilliance" to them. I love Zildjian 2 death but I had a 16 A Custom Fast crash That did crash all the way. It was way too soft....and then I had a 14 Kcustom Fast Crash.......it was ok, a lil light though.....Sabian has the winning edge!!!!

TheEvolution

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 06:10:49 PM »
well i can say those HHX Evolutions have "lush brilliance" to them. I love Zildjian 2 death but I had a 16 A Custom Fast crash That didnt crash all the way. It was way too soft....and then I had a 14 Kcustom Fast Crash.......it was ok, a lil light though.....Sabian has the winning edge!!!!

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 06:48:24 PM »
Well, I've heard all the above mentioned cymbal and here's my opinion. The HHX's sound better. Some guy came to my church to play and he had a couple of K Custom Fast Crashes in a brilliant finish and they sounded like shattering glasses instead of crashes; I hated them. He had a couple of other nice cymbals and the K Customs didn't play well with the rest of the cymbals and you can tell he loved them because he hit them A LOT. As for the A Custom Fast Crashes, this maybe a biased review because I HATE A Customs, I think I found some cymbals that sound worst than the A Customs... the A Custom Fast Crashes.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 06:51:36 PM »
Sound wise: HHX Evolutions , K Custom Fast crashes in that order.

HHX Evolution" 12 splash, 14 china, 16, 18 crashes, 18 Ozone
The hats, I am not diggin' and the ride is light, might a s well be a crash... in my opinion

Add a 10 AAX splash, 13 AAX Fast Hats or AA Fusion Hats, and 20 AAX Stage Ride and it is on!

This setup will work in gospel,funk,rnb, smooth jazz, and pop/med rock ... the Evolutions are too thin for heavy/hard rock.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline TamaMan

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 01:18:44 PM »
yall dont like my zildjians :cry: i guess it what bsounds good to thy ear! :lol:

Offline keydrummer

• LGM Member

Sabian "Evolutions'
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 01:32:57 PM »
I must Agree with "SabianKnight","Evolution","Sugabear" & "J-Funky" the Sabian Evolution Series Sound better  than the Fast Crashes I have both and I keep the Fast Crahes at home they have been Officially retired.

j_kay

Re: Your opinion on these cymbals!!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 07:35:29 PM »
Quote from: Joro
Sabian HHX Evolution Crashes, Zildjian A Custom Fast Crashes or K Custom Fast Crashes.Which one does sound better to your ears??

Out of those that are listed, I feel that the HHX Evos sound smoother/better.  I did, however, hear this one K Custom Fast Crash that sounded extremely nice, but I wasn't going to pay $215.00+ for an 18" crash cymbal!  *lol*

When I did "bow down" to purchase it, it was gone.  Dah well, I'll probably never find that sound again, since Zildjian varies greatly from cymbal to cymbal, even in the same series.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 10:48:46 AM »
the new A Custom Medium Crashes sound the best out of those to me. my only problem with the Evolutions is that they bend after a little while of playing them

Offline DuvalsLilJohnLumpkin

• LGM Member
  • "Music has the power to shape character"

Well....
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 04:16:46 PM »
ZILDJIAN A CUSTOM FAST CRASHES BABY 8) !
John 'Lil John" Lumpkin

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 05:32:22 PM »
ZILDJIAN ALL THE WAY!!! I personally haven't heard anything come close...But before all the Sabian boys kill me, TO EACH HIS OWN, and it depends on your ear and taste. Cymbals are personal preference. I have just fallen in Love with Zildjians. A's A Custom, A Vintage, K's, K Custom and the new K Constantinoples sound incredible!!!

God Bless.

Zilpex

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »
I love the fast crashes by Zildjian. It's been so many years since i've needed to buy any new cymbals and the K Custom Fast crashes might get me to spend some dough. I love the way the Evo cymbals sound on the new Dave Weckl CD. BTW, someone told me you can download that CD here:
 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=43HIKFJX

I had a Evo Splash. Man, you breathe on those cymbals and they instantly respond very nice, cymbals I think. I like that line. I'm not fond of the hi hats though. But if you guys have seen Weckl's performance on the drummer's collective DVD you'll notice that the cymbals really open up without Dave having to lay into them.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 06:47:28 PM »
Quote from: Zilpex
I love the fast crashes by Zildjian. It's been so many years since i've needed to buy any new cymbals and the K Custom Fast crashes might get me to spend some dough. I love the way the Evo cymbals sound on the new Dave Weckl CD. BTW, someone told me you can download that CD here:
 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=43HIKFJX

I had a Evo Splash. Man, you breathe on those cymbals and they instantly respond very nice, cymbals I think. I like that line. I'm not fond of the hi hats though. But if you guys have seen Weckl's performance on the drummer's collective DVD you'll notice that the cymbals really open up without Dave having to lay into them.

I don't like the hats or the ride but the crashes are on point for the regs to the EFX, THE OZONE and the China. Weckl wanted the cymbals where you could play them with your fingers/hand and get a great sound.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: [1]   Go Up