LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for the Organists  (Read 1655 times)

Offline cflat

• LGM Member
    • http://

Question for the Organists
« on: January 29, 2004, 08:26:20 PM »
I have been looking for a Hammond B3 or C3 to purchase but I have not found one yet in my area.  In Sundays paper I noticed a Hammond Organ for sale with a leslie speaker. I contacted the guy and he told me he had an Hammond T-100 spinet for sale for $675 with the leslie speaker. Would this be a good practice organ?  Back in the day when I used to see Hammonds in the paper, I saw a few for sale without the Leslie speaker. So I thought I would be one up by having the Leslie at this price.  I hate that it only has the one octave pedals, but I would like to continue to practice at home.  I am making a transition from the piano to the organ.  Everybody tells me the organ is easier than the piano.  

God Bless
cflat

Thanks in advance for your help! :lol:

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 09:35:15 AM »
I personally wouldnt buy it, but I suppose it could be a decent practice organ.  But the pedals are not full, and I think they are only one octave since its a spinet.  You might be better looking on EBAY for an A100 or C2 or something like that.
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 09:36:59 AM »
matter of fact, I just saw an A100 on there for $535....CHECK THAT OUT QUICKLY...cuz it wont be on there for long.  People just have these organs sitting in their house, and dont know the power that a true tonewheel possesses...LOL
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline richardngeorge

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 03:26:10 PM »
I agree... Ebay is the best chance at finding something nice. I noticed an E on there last night in Nashville, was going pretty cheap, but I can't drive to pick it up. If you didn't inquire at the time about the T-100 if the leslie was a separate speaker, chances are it's built in. You can buy it, but trust me, you won't be happy. You don't have that extra octave at the bottom to use as bass, and the lower keyboard only has the 8' drawbar and up. I had one, and am happy now that I don't have it. It would be good for practice if that is what you were playing, period. It's a sudden switch when you have full bass pedals and full five octaves. If you are looking for a just a practice organ, don't limit yourself. Hammond made a variety of styles that have the same basics that the B3/C3 had. I'm right up there with you with that dream of a B3 and a 147/122 leslie. But until then I'm happy with an E-187 and leslie 700. Happy hunting!
Pages: [1]   Go Up