LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Young lady trying to become a leader in gospel music  (Read 2285 times)

Offline lilcarolina

• LGM Member
  • My Name Is Victory!

Young lady trying to become a leader in gospel music
« on: December 15, 2005, 07:48:38 AM »
Hey yall.  Growing up on gospel music, it has become something I've grown to have a love and passion for.  I'm a really big fan of choir music.  Praise and worship is cool, but I gotta have my Hezekiah Walker, James Hall, Ricky Dillard, Donald Lawrence, John P. Kee, the old Kirk Franklin and so on and so on.  Recently I've been going through some major family and personal issues, which has caused me to stray from my beginning walk with God already.  I was giving in to the world and all of its ungodly things.  However, I am now getting back on track.  I want to be the woman version of Hezekiah Walker.  I want to have my own choir and be able to bless people the way he has blessed be through his music.  So, if any of you have some type of advice to help me grow as young woman of God, and to help me to pursue my dream of becoming a good music leader, that would be of good help.  Thanks in advance for everyones help. God Bless!!!

"I'm reaping the harvest God promised me, take back what the devil stole from me, and I'll rejoice today, Christ shall recover it all!!!"
"I Know Who I Am, God Wrote It In His Plan For Me, My Name Is Victory!"

Offline Freddy229

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 11:31:57 PM »
My advice to you is to refocus on God FIRST!!  Keep your love for music and continue to pursue it but HOTLY PURSUE God!! Before you can lead others, you must be fully persuaded of the gospel(not so much to preach, but you deal with alot as a leader.)

Ask God to groom you  as a leader, don't be afraid to learn and be shown what it takes to be a leader especially of a large group!! Be patient and learn, study, log in and read from the ministry posts, contact Sis. T for her website(good information there!)

My fiance is an original member of The Family(Kirk) and it would help you to know  what it took for them to stay together and exist through all those years and albums.

Read your bible!!!
Keep playing or singing!!!
Keep praing!!!

Offline lilcarolina

• LGM Member
  • My Name Is Victory!

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 09:30:15 AM »
Thanx for the advice so far, especially yours Fred.  I will surely be using it wisely.  I have a question Fred.  Could you possibly ask your fiance', if it's not too much trouble, how the family formed.

Offline Freddy229

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 10:17:59 AM »
The formed the way most groups have always formed...relationships!! Kirk pulled people that he went to school with (David Mann, Darrel Blair, Terri Pace, etc.) people from around the metroplex(DFW Mass Choir) and people he went to church with. The first formation was huge!! They had a ton of singers but over the years, the numbers fell off and he ended up with a core group that remained:David, Tam, Terri, Keisha Grandy, Dalon and 'Mousey' Collins.

Some choirs have open membership through audition or church membership like ya boy HEZ. John P. Kee has membership for the Seminar choir at the actual seminars(I think that's what I read) Ricky Dillard has a few openings, but other groups like Donald LAwrence and Tye Tribbett have their membership consistently closed!

Offline lilcarolina

• LGM Member
  • My Name Is Victory!

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »
Thats wassup!  I'll find myself watching this videotape I have of the family performing in Fort Worth at some church.  I love that tape.  The way they harmonized, the way Kirk kept the crowd flowing, but he did it in a way where he wasn't trying to.  He was just trying to sing his praises to our King and hopefully bring some people closer to Christ while doing it. But anyway, I gotta bounce, thanx again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up