LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is THOMAS PRIDGEN considered a Christian drummer?  (Read 11286 times)

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

Re: Why is THOMAS PRIDGEN considered a Christian drummer?
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2006, 02:28:52 PM »
I will tell you why i myself and others thought he was a christian drummer. it was because he was on a site called GOSPEL chops. giving the impression that we were learning from a gospel website with gospel musicians. thats like having show called GOSPEL Idol and having some one from slipknot win.

ChannelOne

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2006, 02:30:44 PM »
He started out playing in church, and from what I hear, he plays in church whenever he isn't on the road.

Well, Chris Dave still play's in church ... and you can tell by looking at his lips, he's no stranger to 'herbal therapy'...

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but... :D :D :D :D

Offline Seven

• LGM Member

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2006, 02:32:25 PM »
To be perfectly honest with you.  Christ has been like that for years, Like before Mint, and Kenny Garrett.  I meet Chris when he used to go to Howard U back in that day.  Chris and Gordon Campbell would go at it for hours.  See Chris studied Tony Williams like real heavy.  If you listen to some of Hebbie, and Tony from Head Hunter CD You can hear a lot of Chris influence.

Seven,

MaestroDivine

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2006, 02:33:03 PM »
I will tell you why i myself and others thought he was a christian drummer. it was because he was on a site called GOSPEL chops. giving the impression that we were learning from a gospel website with gospel musicians. thats like having show called GOSPEL Idol and having some one from slipknot win.

Well, I didn't see it that way. I can definitely  understand why you WOULD see it that way...

However...

It is gospelCHOPS.com .. not gospelMUSICIANS.com. The focus is on the helping people develop their chops, by bringing in renowned and/or highly skilled drummers.

I know music ministries that have NO born-again musicians. They're talented, and the church appoint them to those positions. Good music, in many cases, seems to be more important than the characters of the one's playing it.

Ideally, they'd want them to be Christian ... but, Don't ask, Don't tell??

~OD

Offline Seven

• LGM Member

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2006, 02:34:06 PM »
To be perfectly honest with you.  Christ has been like that for years, Like before Mint, and Kenny Garrett.  I meet Chris when he used to go to Howard U back in that day.  Chris and Gordon Campbell would go at it for hours.  See Chris studied Tony Williams like real heavy.  If you listen to some of Hebbie, and Tony from Head Hunter CD You can hear a lot of Chris influence.

Seven,

Sorry I ment Chris D

MaestroDivine

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2006, 02:34:57 PM »

Seven,

Oh, I was only joking. Now, I do know that the guy is fond of marijuana ... but, I also know that the dude is VERY MUCH dedicated to perfecting his craft.

MaestroDivine

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2006, 02:35:35 PM »

Seven,

Sorry I ment Chris D

Haha! I was like, 'Wow, he REALLY thinks a lot of his playing!!!"

Just kidding man...

Offline porkpiepoppa

• LGM Member
  • i can do ALL things phil 4:13*

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2006, 02:36:11 PM »
Well, Chris Dave still play's in church ... and you can tell by looking at his lips, he's no stranger to 'herbal therapy'...
;D(spits juice out his mouf) waaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahaha lol omgoodness lol if you ever say "herbal therapy" hahahahahaa lol well like we all been sayin every christian admit it or not struggles with SOMETHING we can pray for them and hope they get thru it but we cant steal there praise..... i mean how many christians are homosexuals?(i just heard hezi came out!!!!! i hope thas not true lol i aint denyin it tho did yall see his pic on his new album idk..) but yeah every christian struggles with somethin but thomas man o man that myspace was pretty bad but he is a GREAT drummer.... and im not new to this site i jus changed my screen name alright room i wanna get in on this boxing match im a pretty boy dont hit my face lol
<!-- Copied from MySpace.com -->
Find me on MySpace a

Offline Seven

• LGM Member

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2006, 02:37:20 PM »
MaestroDivine, It's cool, It's all love.  You bring the laughter on here!!!

Seven,

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2006, 02:40:35 PM »
MaestroDivine, It's cool, It's all love.  You bring the laughter on here!!!

Seven,

he brings mess on here pure d mess! lol lol lol lol

Offline Seven

• LGM Member

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2006, 02:50:04 PM »
LOL!!!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2006, 03:52:06 PM »
He started out playing in church, and from what I hear, he plays in church whenever he isn't on the road.

haahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah ahhhha i did notice they were quite black and pointed ;D
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2006, 03:53:05 PM »

haahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah ahhhha i did notice they were quite black and pointed ;D

blaquegenius

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2006, 04:03:18 PM »
I'm still laughin @ 'herbal therapy'...LOL. I don't know Thomas persoanally so I don't know what his spiritual life is all about, what I do know, is if you profess a belief in Christ Jesus, then there needs to be some sort of represntation in your lifestyle.

Let the church say amen...now I'm going back to my 'herbal therapy' glacoma is a beast..I know I spelled it wrong...LOL

Offline hendoo

• LGM Member

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2006, 04:21:37 PM »
I'M GOING TO SPEAK FOR MYSELF, WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I DID IT ALL, & STILL PLAYED @ CHURCH, WE I DECIDED TO TOTALLY COMMIT MY LIFE TO THE LORD I STOPPED EVERYTHING, SOME FOLKS LEARN @ 15, SOME GUYS LEARN @ 30, THEN SOME GUYS NEVER LEARN, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE US, NOBODY ELSE

Offline porkpiepoppa

• LGM Member
  • i can do ALL things phil 4:13*

« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2006, 05:02:22 PM »
shawntahadabosha!!!!!!!! preach brotha!!!
<!-- Copied from MySpace.com -->
Find me on MySpace a

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2006, 11:16:03 PM »

Wow!!

How else do you think he come he comes up with that off-the-wall stuff he plays?? LOL...

hahahaha maestrodivine you crack me up yo, maybe thomas like looking like a fool and maybe chris likes burning those big black lips on a leaf pipe but PEOPLE we have to stop bashin folk and pray for ourselves and fellow because I KNOW yall all aren't perfect, including myself! So stop it with all this childish, verbal swordplay! ~touche~

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2006, 11:16:52 PM »
excuse me, fellow man**

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2006, 12:15:53 AM »
You ever think they are laughing at us? Do you think they in their hearts know that they are not living a Christian life but are still reaping the rewards and fame of being a Christian musician?

Offline BigSid

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2006, 08:05:55 AM »
Thomas definitely needs prayer fellas.  He has Heriion and other non-pharmacy drugs and things as being a major influence in his life. If you look at some of those pictures, he is clearly high on something.  I think Thomas is a great talent but there is definitely something that is missing in his playing.  We can only pray that God pricks his heart a causes a change in him.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up