LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Needing A Change  (Read 3202 times)

Needing A Change
« on: April 14, 2004, 11:24:53 AM »
Hello!! I am new to this site and I need prayer.  I don't understand what is going on in my life.  I have not been able to hold a job for the past few years no longer than 6 months and it is at least a year between jobs each time I am either fired or laid off.  I am troubled because I always had money to do what needed to be done, like pay bills and now I have to depend on unemployment.

I do mainly customer service and have so for over 3 years.  I have crazy experience, so I don't understand why I am not being hired.  I am 25 years old, living with my parents and I feel like my life is going no where, I feel worthless a lot of the time, but try to smile in public.  It may sound bad, but I feel like I am meant for something more than this, but don't know what it is.

I look around me and see great things happening for others around me.  People are going to school, which is what I have always wanted to do, people are getting jobs without even really trying.  I tell them I am happy for them, and I am, but I can't help but be jealous too.  The only thing that gives me any peace is listening to music and singing.  So, it upsets me when I sometimes don't feel like it, even at church.

I am sorry for saying so much but it is how I feel.  All of your advice and prayers will be appreciated.

Thank You,

PreciousSongBird

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Needing A Change
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 11:39:09 AM »
Welcome to THA FAMILY PreciousSongBird and i will definitely keep u in my prayers.
 :)  :)
MERCY EN!!

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Needing A Change
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 02:55:22 PM »
Welcome to LGM. You know, being in place where you don't know what is going on isn't always a bad place to be . . . it's there that God can do the most, it seems.

Be Blessed . . . BBoy  8)
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline b3maniac

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Needing A Change
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 05:46:47 PM »
Hello PreciousSongBird,
I feel you and I just want to encourage you to hold on to God's unchanging hand!!! Don't focus on the "not so good things" in your life. The more you focus on those things, the worst you'll feel. You must be as Job was when he was going through his trials of life---He maintained (did not loose) his integrity! Start quoting those Power scriptures in the word of God such as 1. I can do all things thru Christ... 2. Greater is He that is within me than he that is in the world. 3. My God shall supply all of my needs... and many more. Fill your mind with positive things until you drown out all those things that have been giving you vexation of spirit.
Hold on in Jesus' name!!! I'll be praying for you along with others.
There's A Blessing In The Storm!!!               B3Maniac.

JoyCH

PreciousSongBird
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 08:16:20 PM »
PreciousSongBird;

I was thinking about your situation and really can relate. I went through a dry period in my life and thought my life hit rock bottom too, but, God is able.

The first thing you have to do is pray and read your Bible. I'm like the woman with the issue of blood who will not let go of Jesus' robe until I get an answer.

If you are saved, you have a covenant with the Lord. He's not a God that he can lie nor will his word return to you void. (Isaiah 55:11)

Jesus told us to ask anything in his name (John 15:7) and he will give it to us.

Secondly, pick yourself up and apply for school. Especially while on unempoyment. You can get a grant for free. Take as many classes as you can handle. This will occupy your mind and get you the skills you need.

Lastly, you need to find out what is causing this pattern. For example: people who get a job and three months later their mouth get's them into trouble. (Just an example.) What ever the case, pray that God will help you with this. I'm a testimony too. I spoke and thought later of the consequences. So, ask God to help you - so you can control that problem. Or maybe, you really don't like being in this field but doing it for a quick fix to your job problem.

Lastly, I didn't mean to be so long. Just looking back - I remember being the only person in my High School labeled as "never to succeed." I had low self-esteem, etc... but God is a good God. He has blessed me tremensely.  I'm a living "Ester"  story.  I'm the only African American in my office and I have more than half the staff under me and everybody wants my advice. But they don't realize  that all day I pray. I keep Bible verses in my shoes (the steps of a good man is ordered from the Lord), coat, bag, etc. If something is getting on my nerves, I have a verse with me to keep me on track.

You can do it! If you think less of yourself, so will everyone else.  

Trust God.

You're in my prayers.

Offline dubeats

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

Needing A Change
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 09:07:30 PM »
Welcome aboard PreciousSongBird,

Your situation is all too familiar with a lot of us here.  Maybe not exactly but we've all felt like we deserve a lot more in life but just can't find the Big Break we all need.  I use to compare myself to my own peers and found out that i didn't have the nice things they had.  I use to question myself and wondered what if.  I use to think that money was everything and driving an expensive car on dubs would be the highlight of my life.  BUT then the Lord spoke to me and my world stoped.  My way of thinking changed.  I didn't worry about these things anymore because i knew that God was looking out for me.  He and I was straight, i felt him and He felt me.  Don't look to your left or right but look up to God for he will light your path and restore your soul.  If God is on your side my sista then tell me who can be against you.  Nobody.  You can't loose,  isn't that a relief to know that you can't loose when God is on your side.  Sure there will be trials but they are there to make you stronger and if you fall, GET UP!!!  ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE,  I SAID ALLLLLL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGHTHENS YOU AND I.  Whether it's a job you looking for, some education looking for, some joy you looking for, or some love; Gods waiting to give it to you but you have to search God through his word and through prayer.

God Bless and My Prayers are with You,
Dubeats

Needing A Change
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 10:49:47 PM »
Check this yall.  I felt horrible today.  I had to babysit my nephew today.  While he slept in my arms I started to cry really hard thinking to myself, "Is this all I am good for?  Being the babysitter?" I had to lay him down and go to the bathroom to let my tears and moans come freely without waking him.  So, I did right by him all day until my brother came to get him, then I went to choir rehearsal.  I felt so much better.  As a matter of fact that was in one of the songs we had to sing. "  I feel better,  so much better since I gave the Lord my life".

Then I get home and reality falls on me again.  It is crazy how I can go from feeling so good to feeling so bad all over again.  Then I came on line and read your replys and I feel so much lighter now.  To know there are others who understand, others who care.

Thank you all so much for making me feel so welcome.  And if anyone has any other words for me I welcome them and I will pray for all of you in return.  May the Lord bless and keep you all.

Thank you again everybody.

PreciousSongBird

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Needing A Change
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 12:58:54 AM »
I glad to hear that u feeling better. Just remember the God won't put more you that you can bear.
MERCY EN!!

JoyCH

Needing A Change
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 06:50:31 PM »
P. Songbird I'm glad you feel better.

Remember to keep you mind stayed on Him and He will give you perfect peace.

Joy

Offline musicm8ker

• LGM Member

Needing A Change
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 08:05:40 PM »
Songbird.....know that someone way across the ocean in Japan is praying for you.  I'll have my church remember you in our prayers as there will be a revival on the island this weekend.

God Bless You

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Needing A Change
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 09:10:24 PM »
So very glad to hear that you are feeling better. We love you with the love of The Lord.  :lol:

Now continue to Be Blessed . . .  because, regardless of what that old serpent the devil tries to tell you, YOU ARE BLESSED. THE HEAD, NOT THE TAIL. ABOVE ONLY, AND NOT BENEATH. In fact, I feel led to claim Scripture over you right now . . . you will be blessed in the city, and blessed in the field. You will be blessed going out, and blessed coming in. YOU ARE BLESSED! Hallelujah!  :lol: God Is GOOD  :lol:

BBoy  8)

Needing A Change
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 10:57:13 AM »
Awww!! Look at what you have gone and made me do.  You made me cry.  You all are so sweet and I thank the Lord for each and every one of you.  Thank you ddw4e, BBoy, b3maniac, Joy, dubeats and musicm8ker for your prayers and words of encouragement.  You are all angels sent to me via internet (LOL) from the Lord and I thank Him for all of you.  I will continue to read all posts anytime I feel the pressure of everything, so I can be reminded that I am not alone and people actually care.

Luv 4 All,

Song Bird

Needing A Change
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 11:14:42 AM »
Sorry everyone.  The last posting was me.  P. SongBird.  I was to emotional and not paying attention.

Luv 4 All,

Song Bird

Offline ThePreacher

• LGM Member

Needing A Change
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2004, 09:01:38 AM »
My heart goes out to you because i Know what you are going through.  Jusr remember that this too will pass.  They that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength.  Hold you head up high, think positive thougts and trust in God. You have my prayers.

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Needing A Change
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2004, 03:37:56 PM »
You are in several people's thoughts and prayers! Let us know when things turn around for ya, Sistah  :lol: I want to hear your victory and how God did it!

Be Blessed . . . BBoy  8)

Needing A Change
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2004, 01:53:54 PM »
Many thanks to ThePreacher and BBoy.  I will curtainly keep everyone posted on what is going on with me.  I was just at another agency today.  Hopefully, this one will come through for me.  This is the 3rd agency I have signed up for.  The others have not had anything for me.  It has been months and I am sick of waiting for them and I am not coming up with anything in my search outside of the agencies.  So,  I have to do what I have to do.

Thank you again yall.  All the love is doing me good.  Everyone needs love and I give mine to yall.

Luv 2 Luv U,

Song Bird

Offline jayjay

• LGM Member

Needing A Change
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2004, 01:37:47 AM »
Sista you are on the altar.  Don't worry.  Peace

Needing A Change
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2004, 10:55:26 PM »
Thank you so much JayJay.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate all of you for your support.  I feel so good when I get answers of encouragment and today is one of those days when I need it most.  It has been like a roller coaster.  I am up one moment and down the next.  So,  when I feel that way it is good to know I can come into the Prayer Room and see and feel all the love and support.

Thank you again yall.  Many blessings to all of you.

Song Bird
Pages: [1]   Go Up