LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Kim Burrell on Organ  (Read 14052 times)

Offline diverse379

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Players Govern Players Spectators Form Opinions

Re: Kim Burrell on Organ
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 05:16:37 PM »
let me know ill go with you I heard that the cats in the midwest play better then every other region

not specifically but their sound is the most developed as a rule

anyone else heard this?
To be or not to be that is the question you anwer when you pray practice and read your word

CATRON

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 05:51:46 PM »
Post something, man!

Hey, if this cat is the G.O.A.T., then I need to hear him play! I mean, why wouldn't I want to? I said I was gonna take a trip down to St. Louis JUST to hear him; but I'll need to know when I can catch him. Maybe I'll contact CATRON...

MN IM TELLING YOU. IF YOU TRY TO SHCDULE SOMETHING WITH BUTCH AND SOMEONE IS TRYING TO HEAR HIM PLAY; CHANCES ARE HE'S NOT GOING TO COME. YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO CATCH HIM AT ONE OF HIS SERVIVCES. BUTCH IS VERY....................umm............ ...........hummmmmmmmm................. ...................................GUAR DED? OF HIS GIFT. (i hope thats a good word) HE IS NOT ASHAMED OF IT. HE JUST FEELS THAT IT SHOULD ONLY BE FLOURISHED AT THE RIGHT TIMES. DURING MINISTRY. (i hope i didn't jack that up) SO YOU WOULD PROBABLY HAVE A HARD TIME SCHDULING SOMETHING WITH HIM.

HOLLA

Offline h313w

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 08:33:38 PM »
Look like Butch is still up top. Funny how we left Kim on organ to Butch. yall wild. Thinking about you all in St Lu, after the strongs winds this past Sunday nite. Hope yall aiight out there, and it didn' tear you up TOO much. Got yall in the prayer room. you know ? What's the ## to Kennerly Temple if you care to share ?
I'm not finished playing

Offline h313w

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 08:39:25 PM »
I've heard that Kim is a beast on the organ...has anyone ever heard her play the organ before?

I had a dream Kim and Twinkie played together, with Sherly Harper on Drums ( Colorado Mass !! ) for the "divas" of gospel, old school and new. that's after listening to Twinkie 2 weeks ago at Greater Emmanuel COGIC here in Detroit. That was the best dream I ever had after been saved a long time !!!!

Yall should've been there    :)[/
color]
I'm not finished playing

Offline ABOVEALL

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 09:15:26 PM »
Always sum-body creeping up on the come up.
A bit of Godly advice: put that baby to bed.  We will never know.  God has given too many gifts without repentance.  That's alot of gifts.  You will never hear it all.

CATRON

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 11:17:03 PM »
Look like Butch is still up top. Funny how we left Kim on organ to Butch. yall wild. Thinking about you all in St Lu, after the strongs winds this past Sunday nite. Hope yall aiight out there, and it didn' tear you up TOO much. Got yall in the prayer room. you know ? What's the ## to Kennerly Temple if you care to share ?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN. PHONE NUMBER? ADDRESS? WHAT.

Offline Bronzee

• LGM Member
  • I'm a praiser!!
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/bronzeey1

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 11:50:48 PM »
Anyone have a clip of Kim playing the organ?

Offline jomo7

• LGM Member
  • JOE SANDERS

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 08:29:25 AM »
to answers your question on what makes BUTCH that good. Tell me who u know that can straight run with their feet? and when i say run im not talking about a liitle sout run like: C C# D Eb F F# G Ab: Oh no my friends i am talking about like a run the u hear Pj morgan or John peters does with their fingers. Just image that being done with his feet. other thing this dude plays on the top register as well as the bottom register at the same time. now i know u gyuy are thinking "man what so tight about that i can do that"
but what im talking about say his left hand he will do like play a chord like  Ab D/F#C C#/FACD and with his first couple of fingers he will hit like the F# C on the top part and bring his fingers down to thee bottom and hit the C# F And A the bring the rest back up to th C and D back on top  and then on top of that play a different chord whit his feet. Yes i said it Chord with his feet. And he'll play a whole song like that. aother thing is dude can run circles around anyone i know. Man has the badest run you will ever hear. if u guy like pj and john peters runs then you will just fant if you hear this dude runs. He does stuff that just make you say WHAT THE HECK IS HE THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will hit like a little 3 chord proggession and you will find yourself just bug 'n up because it so sick. Thats just some of the stuff the man can do. i pretty sure other stl cats are people who heard him can add to this list. Oh and by the way alot of people can try to sound like him but NO ONE come close to him.

Ps: i love Kim Burrell and she is a beast on the organ. i cant wait tell she comes out with another cd  ;D ;)
I do it all for his glory

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2006, 03:06:51 PM »
In my opinion and I know this is an evergoing argument, Butch Woodie is not the GOAT. He is dope not taking that from him. I think people are giving to much credit to people that they admire. But to credit this man as the reason a lot of people play the way they do or something to that effect.. I cant have that. Hes good in fact he is great in fact he is very great, geat great great but there are too many beast out there unheard of probably playing in storefront churches to give all the credit to this one cat. The most copied style of playing is the Brooklyn style created by Butch Heyward, and sadly him and Woodie have the same JEDI characteristics but atleast Heyward came out his cave . But people know Butch Heyward have always heard about him. Saying Woodie chord with this feet and all this awesome wonder... Post some footage. Name some projects that he was on. Michael Bereal played for Kim. She mentioned dude by name while she was singing. Luke Austin played for Kim, Shaun Martin played organ for Kim, Jimane Nelson played for Kim was her MD. Cornelll Thigpen played for Kim was her MD. and Kims husband is a beast too. Sayong this cat is the truth cause Kim asked for him... c'mon. And then he dont show up she and she dont sing. She prolly didnt want to look silly she is an artist that makes a living singing why wouldnt she want the best in the city.  She was probably upset because of why he didnt show up. You know somebody is seeking assistane and you bounce. There is nothing cool about that. I just got this thing about cats thats so nasty but they so mysterious that you  have to come unannounced to a service to catch them playing unplugged or they wont show up. Cats that hide in the woods with an organ and practice for months and them come out like crack. Atleast people like John,  PJ Morgan, and whomever are secure enough to share what they have learned. That means to me that they have an overflow. Im sorry but GOAT I aint buyin it!!!!   :) Post some footage. You seen John you seen PJ now post some Butch Woodie.
Im too tall to act small.

MaestroDivine

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »
Man, I'm gonna tell you - I went back to showmethat.com and listened to dude - and I don't like muddled sound. That doesn't sound musical to me. It just sounds like someone randomly pressing down ten keys. It's the same with cat's whose runs last for 5 seconds. What's the deal??

Some people like that stuff. That's the reason I don't like John Peters. I don't like phatness throughout an entire song. I like phat chords like I like my seasoning on my food. Too much can kill it - and just enough will make you want to come back for seconds.

I'm assuming dude doesn't play like that on gigs, tho'. Kim wouldn't be after that type of sound.

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 07:00:37 PM »
Man, I'm gonna tell you - I went back to showmethat.com and listened to dude - and I don't like muddled sound. That doesn't sound musical to me. It just sounds like someone randomly pressing down ten keys. It's the same with cat's whose runs last for 5 seconds. What's the deal??

Some people like that stuff. That's the reason I don't like John Peters. I don't like phatness throughout an entire song. I like phat chords like I like my seasoning on my food. Too much can kill it - and just enough will make you want to come back for seconds.

I'm assuming dude doesn't play like that on gigs, tho'. Kim wouldn't be after that type of sound.
Same thing with John. Hes dope and I like some of the stuff he does as well but I like a variety too. I peeped that clip and that dude (Butch Woodie) did a lot scales. GOAT??? okay. To each his own. All im saying is post some footage of this great Yoda of the Hammond B3. THe sad thing is that dudes like Butch Woodie and John have these cats that put them on such a high pedalstool and when people that dont know any better hear them they are dissappointed because some avid fan painted them to be some super hero on the organ from planet C# that has the ability to do chords with two feet, runs that John and PJ Morgan do with there hands he does with his feet. (mind you John and PJ both have lightening fast runs that are not just chromatic scales). Man nevermind the clips. I dont need to see it. Im straight!!

CATRON

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2006, 12:13:07 PM »
WHY ARE YA'LL DOWNING BUTCH JUST B/C THE ONLY TIME YOU'VE HEARD HIM WAS ON SHOWMETHAT.com. IM TELLING YOU THE ONLY WAY WE CAN PROVE OUR POINT IS IF YOU HEAR HIM FOR YOURSELF IN PERSON. IM TELLING YOU AND LIKE I SAID IN THE OTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS THAT WE STARTED ARGUING IN. THE ONLY WAY YOU ARE GOING TO BELEIVE US IS IF YOU SEE IF FOR YOURSELF.

AND ACTUALLY NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT. IF ANY OF YOU ALL WERE IN MEMPHIS 4 YEARS AGO. THE GUY THAT WAS PLAYING AT MASON TEMPLE THURSDAY NIGHT, PLAYING FOR PETEY MADISON AND SMOKIE NORFUL. (the guy that made the musicians leslie on the wall catch fire) THAT IS BUTCH. IF YOU WERE THERE YOU NOW WHO IM TALKING ABOUT.

HOLLA

MaestroDivine

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2006, 12:26:11 PM »
WHY ARE YA'LL DOWNING BUTCH JUST B/C THE ONLY TIME YOU'VE HEARD HIM WAS ON SHOWMETHAT.com. IM TELLING YOU THE ONLY WAY WE CAN PROVE OUR POINT IS IF YOU HEAR HIM FOR YOURSELF IN PERSON. IM TELLING YOU AND LIKE I SAID IN THE OTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS THAT WE STARTED ARGUING IN. THE ONLY WAY YOU ARE GOING TO BELEIVE US IS IF YOU SEE IF FOR YOURSELF.

AND ACTUALLY NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT. IF ANY OF YOU ALL WERE IN MEMPHIS 4 YEARS AGO. THE GUY THAT WAS PLAYING AT MASON TEMPLE THURSDAY NIGHT, PLAYING FOR PETEY MADISON AND SMOKIE NORFUL. (the guy that made the musicians leslie on the wall catch fire) THAT IS BUTCH. IF YOU WERE THERE YOU NOW WHO IM TALKING ABOUT.

HOLLA

Hey, man ... I'm not downing him. I just said I don't like that muddy sound. You guys really put this guy on too high of a pedestal. So high that, you get upset when anyone critique his playing. This guy COULD be the greatest organist, but that still wouldn't make him perfect.

Come on, man .... all I've heard from his supporters/fans is extreme fanaticism. I have a hard time taking comments from you guys seriously ... when you make him sound like he could walk on water. I'll come down to hear him play .. if someone can ever give me a date & time. I just want to hear this "B3 Wonder".

MaestroDivine

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2006, 12:31:11 PM »

HOLLA

Also, I'd like to add - some people have a preference of style too. I have a friend who'd shut that Butch Woodie clip off in the first minute, 'cause it's busy. Some people can't get into that. Personally, I wasnt' feeling the chord progressions. I know this is just one clip - but I can only comment on what I've heard.

How can you argue a man's preferences? Jimi Hendrix was a great guitarist .. but, I don't much care for Rock music. Is that saying he's wack? Hardly. I just don't care for the style ...

CATRON

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2006, 02:12:12 PM »
YEAH MAN YOU RIGHT YO.

I'M NOT EVAN GONNA ARGUE ANY MORE. LOOK I GUESS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN GET THIS SETTLED IS THAT (like you said) YOU WOULD HAVE TO COME DOWN AND HEAR HIM.

I COULD TRY TO BE A LITTLE SNEAKY AND ASK WHAT HE HAS COMING UP FOR HIM. THEN I'LL COME BACK HERE WITH THE RESULTS.

HOLLA

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2006, 02:52:52 PM »
Look man! Butch is dope he is well rounded, he strong in all areas his soloing and chord changes are quite impressive. Im not downing dudes playing at all cause he is dope. People will always have their preferences. Butch is the truth and people will literally fight for him. Some say John is the truth and he has his strong points as well. Cats will fight for him too. Its really about preference. People really need to be careful about what they say cause right now I dont think there is a greatest of all time. Butch is easily one of the top in the nation. And thats a huge accomplishment and compliment. I wanted to see some footage but now I dont need to. You or Butch dont have to prove anything to me. Its not even that serious. Dude is nice and as much as I travel im sure that I will get an opportunity to hear him live and direct. Im atually lookin forward to it. ;)

Offline porkpiepoppa

• LGM Member
  • i can do ALL things phil 4:13*

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2006, 06:16:04 PM »
what does butch have to do with kim burrell??????
<!-- Copied from MySpace.com -->
Find me on MySpace a

Offline jomo7

• LGM Member
  • JOE SANDERS

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2006, 11:09:09 PM »
man, if ya'll cats wanna hear (THE GREATEST MAN ALIVE ON THE HAMMOND) just come to stl and come to kennerly temple cogic on sunday nights. service starts at 8, and u will be blessed. and to make sure that he comes, i will call him and make sure that he'll be there ;D
I do it all for his glory

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2006, 07:40:31 AM »
man, if ya'll cats wanna hear (THE GREATEST MAN ALIVE ON THE HAMMOND) just come to stl and come to kennerly temple cogic on sunday nights. service starts at 8, and u will be blessed. and to make sure that he comes, i will call him and make sure that he'll be there ;D
;DCamcord it. Bootleg the church service. Go in there with a big black tape recorder like Rerun on "Whats Happenin" <-----(Might be before your time) ;D

ChannelOne

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2006, 01:47:35 PM »
;DCamcord it. Bootleg the church service. Go in there with a big black tape recorder like Rerun on "Whats Happenin" <-----(Might be before your time) ;D

LOL!!!  "We thought you were our friends!" :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up