LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonex "The Naked Truth" Controversy Summary...  (Read 12907 times)

Offline DuvalsLilJohnLumpkin

• LGM Member
  • "Music has the power to shape character"

Tonex "The Naked Truth" Controversy Summary...
« on: June 22, 2007, 02:19:57 AM »
All musicians please do me one favor, exercise your minds daily in your word.  There is nothing we can do about secular music within the church, homosexuals, or sexual immorality anymore because they are here.  However, the fight of righteousness begins with the word of God as our weapon since we are in warfare.  If you haven't noticed, Lucifer is trying the same stunt that he pulled in heaven here on earth.  75% of heaven went to hell over the arts, MUSICIANS LISTEN UP!  This is the strongest form that the devil has to use us for his kingdom deceitfully.  Now the ironic thing is that when Lucifer realized all the glory God showed to him, his eyes were off God.  Get your principles out of this world, and into the word if you call your self a Levite.  If you are not living righteous, NOW is the time to come to yourself and stop running from who you are, and you really do know how you are in Jesus Christ.  Strengthen yourself and encourage yourself with the word.  But, don't forget to assemble yourselves together.  We are all trying to lift the body of Christ in this generation.  Study your word and seek your destiny within Jesus Christ.  If you ever question your beliefs and foundation just ask yourself these two questions:  What part of the body of Christ do I represent?  Am I a 100% reflection of his image?

P.S. - I know we are not perfect, but is there not a cause for perfection?
John 'Lil John" Lumpkin

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

Re: Tonex "The Naked Truth" Controversy Summary...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:44:52 AM »
Powerful word, brother...  Powerful word!  Thank you so much!
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline Vangie D

• LGM Member
  • zawmar drumsticks 'play.minister.groove.'
    • www.youtube.com/user/vangied

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 06:20:12 AM »
thanx for the word bro.

JFunky

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 06:37:04 AM »
All musicians please do me one favor, exercise your minds daily in your word.  There is nothing we can do about secular music within the church, homosexuals, or sexual immorality anymore because they are here.  However, the fight of righteousness begins with the word of God as our weapon since we are in warfare.  If you haven't noticed, Lucifer is trying the same stunt that he pulled in heaven here on earth.  75% of heaven went to hell over the arts, MUSICIANS LISTEN UP!  This is the strongest form that the devil has to use us for his kingdom deceitfully.  Now the ironic thing is that when Lucifer realized all the glory God showed to him, his eyes were off God.  Get your principles out of this world, and into the word if you call your self a Levite.  If you are not living righteous, NOW is the time to come to yourself and stop running from who you are, and you really do know how you are in Jesus Christ.  Strengthen yourself and encourage yourself with the word.  But, don't forget to assemble yourselves together.  We are all trying to lift the body of Christ in this generation.  Study your word and seek your destiny within Jesus Christ.  If you ever question your beliefs and foundation just ask yourself these two questions:  What part of the body of Christ do I represent?  Am I a 100% reflection of his image?

...Duvals comes back to LGM hard!!!  I see you have not changed one bit.  Powerful indeed!!  Thanks.

Offline sonofpaul

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 10:56:56 AM »
YES!!!!! Powerful word, JFunk, as drum mod can you PLEASE post that everywhere on LGM.

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 03:40:41 PM »
POST IT EVERYWHERE!
John 'Lil John" Lumpkin

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 10:36:21 PM »
what does this have to do with Tonex? "Tonex the naked truth"?
some one please enlighten me....is that a video or something he made?

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 12:23:13 AM »
what does this have to do with Tonex? "Tonex the naked truth"?
some one please enlighten me....is that a video or something he made?

I was thinking the same thing
"If thine enemy wrong thee...Buy each of his children a drum"

Offline buzz95

• LGM Member
  • What company will BBD go to next? Stay tuned.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 07:01:46 AM »
Just search for by using youtube.com.  Use the search string tonex naked truth (typed just like that).  It will be the second video. 
"I paid nothing, I got mine for free!!!!!" - bigblackdrummer on big up-in' his cheap endorsements.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 04:29:02 PM »

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 05:14:57 PM »
Yeah, just type in Tonex The Naked Truth in the youtube search engine.
John 'Lil John" Lumpkin

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 12:55:36 AM »
wow....that was Tonex!!! :o
I mean i thought he was a questionable artist before due to certain vibez i got from some of his songs but
THAT was Tonex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im befuddled right now...... ?/?
im gonna go pray..........
i need to get closer to Jesus

he does too.....(Tonex's #1 fan and disciple apparently  :(

JFunky

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 07:50:06 AM »
wow....that was Tonex!!! :o
I mean i thought he was a questionable artist before due to certain vibez i got from some of his songs but
THAT was Tonex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im befuddled right now...... ?/?
im gonna go pray..........
i need to get closer to Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3lWi4ZBb-Q

he does too.....(Tonex's #1 fan and disciple apparently  :(

....and that right there is the reason why we should keep our eyes on Jesus and get closer to Him.  No where in the Bible does it say that we need to follow in Pastors, Artists, Musicians, whoever's foot steps but only His.  That's why this thread is great.  It is a reminder to get closer to God and follow the true Pastor and Artist.....Jesus!!! Amen

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 08:27:55 AM »
im not one to weigh in on the whole "Tonex" issue, because its so polarizing, but hear this interview, with his words.

I'm not saying "yeh he on point", or "feh, he done went left, he outa order". that aint my call. I'm concerned about makin it in myself, and living a life that the non-churched can see that is true inside and out.

anyway, check it out, a radio podcast.

http://www.switchpod.com/users/wade-o/ftp/wadeoradioepisode29.mp3

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 09:21:08 AM »
What part of the body of Christ do I represent?  Am I a 100% reflection of his image?

Very interesting question.  Everyone and everything good and bad is a 100% reflection of His image.

Isaiah 45:7   I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create evil:  I the Lord do all these things

And there is never a cause for perfection unless it can be achieved.  You can not be a perfect human being but you can bowl a perfect 300 game!  ;D

JFunky

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 09:23:10 AM »
Very interesting question.  Everyone and everything good and bad is a 100% reflection of His image.

Isaiah 45:7   I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create evil:  I the Lord do all these things

And there is never a cause for perfection unless it can be achieved.  You can not be a perfect human being but you can bowl a perfect 300 game!  ;D

...and the bible facts keep rolling in. ;D ;D ;D

Offline shall176

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.angiehallmusic.com
    • AngieHallMusic

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 11:18:36 AM »
im not one to weigh in on the whole "Tonex" issue, because its so polarizing, but hear this interview, with his words.

I'm not saying "yeh he on point", or "feh, he done went left, he outa order". that aint my call. I'm concerned about makin it in myself, and living a life that the non-churched can see that is true inside and out.

anyway, check it out, a radio podcast.

http://www.switchpod.com/users/wade-o/ftp/wadeoradioepisode29.mp3

Wow!  That interview really made me think, reflect, and contemplate.  Fam.. We all need prayer.  Pray for me, my family, and the rest of our LGM family.  We all have our dirt that we don't want known.  I really don't know what else to say...But Thank You Jesus!
Check it out...
http://www.angiehallmusic.com
& follow @angiehallmusic  on twitter

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 03:08:08 PM »
Well said Mr. Hall!  Perfection is a weight to uphold, so it can't be easy.
John 'Lil John" Lumpkin

AQS888

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 09:10:02 AM »
It's really, really, really obvious that Tonex love's attention. No one goes the length's that this guy does, for nothing. Some people just love attention, be it negative or positive. I'm pretty sure that he get's a major kick out of the fact that everyone(Lovers, prayers, and haters) are all conversing about him and his latest antics.

Please believe this is just the beginning.

JFunky

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 10:09:44 AM »
It's really, really, really obvious that Tonex love's attention. No one goes the length's that this guy does, for nothing. Some people just love attention, be it negative or positive. I'm pretty sure that he get's a major kick out of the fact that everyone(Lovers, prayers, and haters) are all conversing about him and his latest antics.

Please believe this is just the beginning.

...you're absolutley right.  This is just the beginning.  The last time I checked, God shares His Glory with no one and Praise belongs to Him and Him alone.  The attention has got to get off of Tonex & Gospel Artists/Musicians and be placed on God.  Don't let this foolish distraction get you side tracked from following His steps.  Stay focused.  Let God deal with Him as He's the only one that knows how and keep walking.  Pray and leave Him in God's hands. 

...I heard the song.  The word/sin "Blasphemy" comes to mind.  He said something like he's in the Spirit but what was coming out was not the Spirit.  May God have Mercy. 8) 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up