LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remaking Your Drums  (Read 5205 times)

Offline Pretty_Brit

• LGM Member

Remaking Your Drums
« on: August 23, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »
Hey. I am over the music department in my church and we just can't afford to but new drums. so I was wodering if ya'll knew how to rebuild drums into something that looks,feels and sounds like drums for church.
the will of God will never take you where His grace won't protect you

Offline all_pocket

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Remaking Your Drums
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 11:19:25 AM »
If you have a drumset already then, I would just go buy new heads(I like Remo/Evans(g2's) white coated for the toms & Evans(dry) for the snare)and tune them up.  As far as making drums out of something, I wouldn't recommend that.  That wouldn't do ur Music Ministry/Church justice at all.  Now, God may admire the fact that ur still trying to minister by any means necessary but, I feel he would like to see the appropriate instrument, HE created, used for worship.   Ay, if u can come across a bass drum(w/pedal), hi-hat and snare, u can make something happen.  A plus would be a floor tom and a cymbal. That's pocket all day!!!

Offline Pretty_Brit

• LGM Member

Remaking Your Drums
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 11:50:30 AM »
I know about the heads I'm just saying what could I do in a reasonable price range to help the outward appearance

Offline all_pocket

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Remaking Your Drums
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 11:59:47 AM »
I don't know what u mean by outward appearance.  Do u mean the shell covers??  If so, u can order some new ones.  If u just mean how they look in general, all u can prob do is clean and polish them.  U can buy new rims.   There is a bunch u can do.  I just don't know what u want to change or fix.

Offline Pretty_Brit

• LGM Member

Remaking Your Drums
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 12:03:15 PM »
yeah, basically what you said.

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

REMAKING YOUR DRUMS
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 04:12:43 PM »
ON THE NOTE OF REMAKING THEM, I SUGGEST YOU HAVING THEM RECOVERED. YOU CAN BUY SHEETS OF DIFFERENT GRAPHICS FROM MUSICIANS FRIEND TO HELP YOU GIVE YOUR SET A LITTLE MAKOVER. IT WOUYLD COST APPROXIMATELY $150 TO REMAKE YOUR WHOLE SET. HOPE THIS HELPS AND FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE ?'S

-ITS ALL GOOD AND ITS ALL GOD
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline roc-da-snare

• LGM Member
    • http://

Remaking Your Drums
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 08:14:14 PM »
I have that same problem at my church, I never knew that you could buy new graphics for the outside of your drums. does the $150 price include new rims for tom toms and snare. what about the shell of the snare.

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

remaking your drums
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 06:59:53 PM »
NO, IT DOESN'T INCLUDE NEW RIMS BUT GIVES YOUR DRUM SHELLS AN EXTREME MAKOVER. :)) CHECK OUT MUSUCIANS FRIEND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. THEY HAVE A LOT OF CUSTOM GRAPHICS TO CHOOSE FROM THAT WILL COVER ANY SIZE DRUMS YOU HAVE. HOPE THIS HELPS.....

-ITS ALL GOOD AND ITS ALL GOD
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

HammerRock

Remaking Your Drums
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 08:08:30 PM »
If you're trying to stay on a tight budget, how about a paint job? Take all the hardware off, scuff up the shells with sandpaper, and spray it on in a sweeping type motion, back and forth. Don't hold the can on one spot for long to avoid drips.

I did this before. I think I used a matte paint, so it would blend in easier with itself (I'm not an auto body guy). If you do know an autobody guy see if he'll donate a paint job for the Lord.

Take all the chrome and use steel wool to take the rust off the chrome and the rims. I wouldn't paint chrome pieces or rims.

If it doesn't come out to your satisfication you could always use the shell coverings they were talking about.

I hope it turns out well for you. It's nice when it looks nice too.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up