LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: LGM EXCLUSIVE!!!!  (Read 20304 times)

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

Re: LGM EXCLUSIVE!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »
...man, I wonder what type of kit JToomer was playing on?  His 14" tom seemed a bit high "to me". :-\
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 04:21:45 PM »

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
...man, I wonder what type of kit JToomer was playing on?  His 14" tom seemed a bit high "to me". :-\

im trying not to laugh..but FUNKY u crazy..  SHEEN   i'll put my HOLY GHOST up against ur VEIN SKILLS anyday...and YEP im STUNTING RIDING WITH MY TOP DOWN with MY HOLY GHOST.. for HIS PORPUSE THOUGH.. you missing it.. its not about JTOOMER any more..... its about being HUMBLE BRUH..truth is YOUR NOT HUMBLE at all.. with the SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE that YOU have mix that with GODS SPIRIT and his word and MAN..... i KNOW it WILL TAKE YOU PLACES u could only dream of..you'll mess around and get a phone call from TYE,or ISREAL who knows fa real...but when YOU think u got it ALL IN CONTROL ur TIE GODS hands... we have REALLY FORGOT what this SITE is ABOUT.. its nothing like i remembered when i 1st got here..WHEN SABIAN was here all the time things were a lil diffrent..we ourselves took the GOSPEL out of LGM...ok were drummers.. but its more than that.. SALVATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY INSRTUMENT WE PLAY...i dont ever see non of US on here sharing Gods word..or saying what God has done 4 them, but we will say HOW bad u sound or how ugly ur kit is...come on CHIEF u wanna be ROYALTY step up..lets LEAD by exsample..and this goes for MODERATORS too..i know JUSE is gonna come in here and defend HIS HOMIE.. but remember this
EDUCATION WITHOUT SANTAFICATION IS ABOMINATION... NOW I WANNA SOME OF US TRUE MEN OF GOD STEP.. ITS 08 YALL...

HumbleGospelDrummer

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 04:38:18 PM »
Ok....i pondered on both of you guys p.o.v.  Diligent is simply saying that he wishes some ppl will show C/C or whatever in a more loving and kindly fashion, which most would think that ppl would do because of the Gospel in LGM. Also, it would indeed encourage members to practice harder instead of the bringing to anger by Sheens seemingly smart remarks.  Now Sheen is a open minded person.......lol, he seems like the bad guy but in fact he gives tough love and wants the members to improve to get to where they want.  In my opinion Sheen will get you prepared for the real world because he'll make you tough.  People arent going to show loving and kindness all the time so we all have to learn how to take some blows and hey......what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 04:54:48 PM »
ok NJ.. what about those that are not as stable or as strongly minded as we are.. SHEEN is gonna kill them ruin they future.. sheen the type that if someone was about to jump from a 100 ft floor building he would yell..." jump retard,your pocket sucks anyways"...that doesnt fly with me DOC!!SORRY...he states his feelings now im stating mines...col 4:6 says let ur SPEECH be with GRACE SEASONED with SALT...

truth is ya'll what really hurt me is that JTOOMER really likes SHEEN as a drummer..and this man just bashed J's playing... not 1 time did SHEEN say..ayo J to sloppy lil bruh..u doing to much,calm down a lil bit ect. ect.... he straight murked him..and J is my dude and im going to defend him same way i would protect my BISHOP or my mother..same way i would protect DRUMMA SHEEN..and thats what it is!!! and if u dont like what im saying TELL SOMEBODY TO COME LOCK THIS THREAD MR ROYALTY..is that what u want.. to be honored and praised??? man u better take that mess else where lil homie... >:(

GodsDruMMer...

Offline jtoomer

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 05:15:22 PM »
This is why at the end of a political candidates advertisement they say ex. "This is Mit Romney and I APPROVE this message."  WOOOOW!!  If I wasn't Jtoomer I would have probably said the same thing, "2:53" seriously, that was funny ( I read it before i watched the vid, i thought something really happened at 2:53. :o)  I told Diligent not to post it I knew it was garbage & sloppy.  Diligent I appreciate your zeal and support, but dude..........this ain't cool.  Hey to the LGM family I appreciate everybody on the board and what you have to say,  but this was me practicing, as you can tell from the sloppiness, not a LGM exclusive! 

With that being said, so you guys can know where I am at......... My father played drums for a bunch of people locally for YEARS!  So I grew up around music.  I learned the double stroke roll, paradiddle, etc. as a child, but I sarted playing drums at school in the seventh grade and continued until my Sophmore year in High School.  THEN, I didn't care to learn how to read music bc I could memorize parts I did enough to get by.  One thing I do remember " If you can Count it you can PLAY it" this saying is so true because NOW, all I do is try to count what I heard someone play like BIG MIKE on  the OVERCOMERTURE....sick ;D  I still can't count that. 

So what do I do go start lessons, get a book, dvd, etc. ?/? ?/?  I want to be able to count and explain what I do instead of speaking in tongues *play kat boom boom kat on the snare*  This is Joshua Toomer and I apporve this message ;D
Praise HIM with The LOUD Cymbals... LOUD!

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 05:23:27 PM »
I like what he did at the 2:53 mark!   :o

... I did really mean it but I wasnt trying to be funny...

...truth is ya'll what really hurt me is that JTOOMER really likes SHEEN as a drummer..and this man just bashed J's playing... not 1 time did SHEEN say..ayo J to sloppy lil bruh..u doing to much,calm down a lil bit ect. ect.... he straight murked him...

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 05:29:55 PM »
this is not my day still im going out swinging like champs do...the very man im defending snipes me cool..
number 1 J.. i NEVER put that FOOTAGE UP..dont get me wrong i did recorded but like YOU know not with my camera..last video i put up of you i asked 1st.. so theres nothing different this time...so now that i feel like a plum fool for sticking my neck under the sword for you..NEVA AGAIN..thats my MISTAKE..and as a MAN i learn from them..im never TO COCKY where i dont have room to learn and my pride or ego is not large enough for me to admit my wrong doing... hey it happens..

SHEEN= 100998
DILIGENT= -1

GodsDruMmer... ;)

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 05:30:19 PM »
Hey, diligent-hands: dude-on-drums did not post anything negative about jtoomer's playing.  In fact, from what I can decipher that he was making a funny to mirror your random comment, which was:

..and make sure u peep the 2:47 mark..

Here is what dude-on-drums posted:

Again, he was only mirroring your random comment, not attempting to tear anyone down.  I believe that he did not mean any malice behind that comment.  In fact, I even went back to look at the 2:47 mark.  I didn't see any playing at that point, so I figured that you were being your usual silly self. 

I'm also looking for a negative comment about jtoomer's clip, and I didn't see one.  I understand that everyone wants to hear positive criticism about their playing, but sometimes you need to have a "Simon Cowell" in their life.  I know that I was brought under some "Simon Cowell" type leaders in my percussive 'career', and I thank them for that.  If it wasn't for their tough love (note the second word in that catch phrase), I would not criticize myself as hard as I do.   I also subscribe to that same school of thought, and I feel that someone could grow from that tough love (again, note the second word in that catch phrase). 

See, that's the problem - everyone wants to be all "churchy" (pat. pending), but doesn't want to know the truth.  Please understand that this is not to say that jtoomer's clip was not good, but just in general.  "Churchy" is defined as everything being all good, "God bless ya!", "You sound real good!", et al.  It seems that if it's something that isn't "of praise", you're 'hating' (another over used word). 

Also, you can't always gather a poster's true emotion while reading the static text.  Lighten up, diligent-hands. 
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline Lildrummaboy66

• LGM Member
  • F L O R I D A G A T O R S

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »
I've seen this clip before ;) Nice bro, nice ;)
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 05:40:30 PM »
now i dont know when or where u found christ at, maybe ur PASTOR teaches ya'll to sugarcoat well mines dont.. now being CHURCHY doesnt mean WE LIE.. how we suppose to be saved and were liars..that doesnt match..like i said.. u can SAY ANYTHING U WANT IN THE WORLD TO ANYONE...its HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW U SAY IT.. ?/? we men of STANDERD and u calling some folk CHURCHY???.. in the middle of church with a congragation of over 1000.. ive been called a liar, a lustful dawg ive been told that if i didnt stop what i was doing i was busting HELL WIDE OPEN.. so i know about tuff LOVE JKAY.. but EVERYONE is not EQUIPPED to handle it, thats my thing

GodsDrummER...

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »
See, he's the only one that said something negative (about his own video, mind you). 

I told Diligent not to post it I knew it was garbage & sloppy.

He even though that the 2:53 comment was funny. 

If I wasn't Jtoomer I would have probably said the same thing, "2:53" seriously, that was funny ( I read it before i watched the vid, i thought something really happened at 2:53.

Lighten up, man. 

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 05:49:47 PM »
now i dont know when or where u found christ at, maybe ur PASTOR teaches ya'll to sugarcoat well mines dont.. now being CHURCHY doesnt mean WE LIE.. how we suppose to be saved and were liars..that doesnt match..like i said.. u can SAY ANYTHING U WANT IN THE WORLD TO ANYONE...its HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW U SAY IT.. ?/? we men of STANDERD and u calling some folk CHURCHY???.. in the middle of church with a congragation of over 1000.. ive been called a liar, a lustful dawg ive been told that if i didnt stop what i was doing i was busting HELL WIDE OPEN.. so i know about tuff LOVE JKAY.. but EVERYONE is not EQUIPPED to handle it, thats my thing

GodsDrummER...

Point taken, but you know folk be sounding a hot mess in church and folk say, "Alright, now sang!" or "God used ya!", knowing full well that they sounded bad.  That's "churchy".  A lot of other examples could be used here, but I hope that you get the point (again). 

And yes, everyone is not equipped to handle that tough love.  That's where getting to know your fellow posters comes into play. 

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 05:51:42 PM »
ok JKAY i appriciate you,you to NJ for the text message.. and JFUNKY for the PM's...everybody else is still under my radar...pressure break pipes...MAN!!!

i'll be cool later though..PRAYERFULLY.. but b4 drums and music imma MAN OF GOD 1st...maybe some of us need to sit and listen instead of playing on wed nights..

GodsDrUmmEr.. ;)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »

You cant read music.  You've never had a drum class.  You've never studied a dvd.  Why are you glorifying these horrifying facts?!  This is learngospelmusic.  You might want to try and LEARN something beyond your natural talent...THEN, post a video of the results. 

As for in-house cleaning...take heed to these words and become a better member of this fam.

I normally don't say alot in the drum room because I leave it up to Juse and JFunk to take the beatings, :) , but this is actually the EXACT same thing I was thinking.  I keep hearing stuff like this from our musicians as if its a good thing.

To me it like saying "I don't pay my child support, but by the grace of God, they are still eating".
:)

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2008, 06:13:01 PM »
*sighs*... whats the whole porpuse of LGM...to LEARN, im not on here to see who has the most post or the prettiest stars next to there names.. im here watching,reading faithfully picking up what i can...this thread has over 200+ views and not 1 person pm'd me and said ayo DILIGENT i'll teach you how to read..or is there anything i can help you with..lets stop thinking about ourselves sometimes..its ashame how some of us think..maybe i was raised wayyyyyyy different at home and church...

and no 4HISGLORY its not a good thing.. so what i suppose to stop playing because of my down falls..I THINK NOT.. imma play the best way i know how UNTIL i get it together..GOD gets all my credit..i never in my life thought about playing dums NEVER.. till my FATHER BAUGHT a drumset..and for weeks we had no drummer.. and i prayed b4 service one day and told GOD.. IF he TEACHES me, if he gives me the EAR to see and know what im doing if he gives me a sprinkle of SKILLS.. that i will get on that SET and play with my WHOLE HEART..and EVER SINCE THAT DAY.. that is JUST WHAT I BEEN DOING..

...i know WHAT PRAYER AND GOD DID FOR ME.. we didnt come out the womb walking now did we..but we learned..and thats what IM DOING LEARNING ABOUT MUSIC NOTES and different things there is to learn about that thing we call DRUMS...

GidsDruMMer... >:(

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2008, 06:20:38 PM »
I normally don't say alot in the drum room because I leave it up to Juse and JFunk to take the beatings, :) , but this is actually the EXACT same thing I was thinking.  I keep hearing stuff like this from our musicians as if its a good thing.

To me it like saying "I don't pay my child support, but by the grace of God, they are still eating".

PWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2008, 06:22:01 PM »
Oops, I meant:

PWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2008, 06:34:32 PM »
*smh*.. it is so sad when people can't tell when to play and when not play..coming from an old head i didnt see that coming..maybe i should of wore my seat belt...

GodsDRumMeR... ?/?

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2008, 06:37:28 PM »

Dude you're too much...lol....dude that hole in your sock is clean....lol....Jtoomer keep doing your thing man....keep practicing......you got some nice stuff......GB
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up