LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hmmm..... How do you all breath/relax?  (Read 544 times)

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

Hmmm..... How do you all breath/relax?
« on: August 24, 2008, 06:16:05 PM »
Not a topic asked or talked about much. Im just curious of how some of you relax on the set.  For me, in half note intervals of the tempo. Thats the best way for me to relax and keep my timing on track.  What about some of you?

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

Re: Hmmm..... How do you all breath/relax?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 04:08:56 PM »
I don't think about when I breath bro. I don't allow myself to get to excited which gets the adrenaline pumpin, heart rate up n' what not. That's pretty much how I do it, and it usually keeps the pocket moving right along.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Re: Hmmm..... How do you all breath/relax?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:24:30 PM »
I don't think about it but it does differ depending on the song. I gues now tha tyou ask it tends to be about every bar - 2 beats in , 2 beats out so it would tend to be about like you breathe.

I do get amped up when I play but it is like 'runners high' amped or something. When I play it is all about the music, the Zone and the people for me. I tend to go deep within to break out of the box into that next level. I try to come in like I am preparing for a football game readying for that first hit/collision to determine the REAL approach for the game. I am more comfortable laying back behind the beat but I hope to get better with my fast tempo play which requires a different breathing.

As I get back into athletic shape my breathing will tend to be to the whole note... in 4 beats out 4 beats.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: [1]   Go Up