LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which 10 inch Snare Would You Buy?  (Read 2457 times)

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Which 10 inch Snare Would You Buy?
« on: December 20, 2004, 08:03:28 PM »
Sup folks! I am about to get a 10inch snare and it is very hard for me to choose which one I want. I am choosing between the Yamaha Stage Custom 5x10inch snare, Pacific 805 Series 6x10inch snare, and the 5x10inch Pearl Firecracker. I want a tight very very tight marching band like type sound. I know all of them have tight sounds but I want a snare that can be tuned so tight even when I tune halfway it is tight. I also thought about the 6x8 inch Steel Grestch Blackhawk Snare. I also want it to be loud. I know it seems like i want too much from one snare but trust me I know there are some out there that are capable. Also let me know what type snares yall be poppin. Aiight Holla!
Artistik Muzik

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

10" snare
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 06:40:47 PM »
i recomend the pacific 805 snare. they are 6 x 10 .they sound awesome and are very affordable. they come in a variety of colors and all really sing when tuned just right...

ITS ALL GOOD AND ITS ALL GOD
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline COGIC4EVA

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 01:13:01 AM »
I also recommend the pacific snare.  It has a nice, tight, crisp sound.

Offline ppnut2k1

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 06:32:15 PM »
I strongly recommend the Pacific 805 snare, but don't play the head that comes with it! Its a waste of licks. Put a 10 inch remo ambassador on there and you'll get what you want. I think they make powerstroke 3's by remo in 10 inches also. If you do that you'll definitely get the sound you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up