LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Monster That You May Not Be Aware Of  (Read 2131 times)

Offline pocketime

• LGM Member
    • http://

Another Monster That You May Not Be Aware Of
« on: January 01, 2005, 12:43:16 PM »
Here is another gentleman that I believe you should be aware of.  His name is Derico Watson.  He plays with incredible pocket, feel, finesse, dynamics, musicality and power and speed like you have never witnessed.  He also happens to really love the Lord.  He has a website, that has not been updated in quite a long time but there is some good information and clips to check out at www.dericowatson.com.  He tours with Victor Wooten regularly and does some significant clinics as well.  My all time favorite drummer on the planet, who aslo happens to really love Christ is Vinnie Coliuta.  If you guys are not hip to him get hip to him right away!!!  Vinnie is truly the drummers drummer.  He has all of the bases covered.  He is the most requested most sought after drummer in the music industry hands down.  Check out his old website at vinniecoliuta.com.  It is not the official page but there is an official page coming soon that he is going to be hosting.  PT.

Derico is a beast....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 11:18:38 AM »
Derico is awesome. He is an amazing drummer. When I am in Nashville, I get to check him out sometimes. He lives there now. In fact, I tour with an artist who's album he recorded on. It is hard trying to follow behind him on a gig. Go to the Vic Firth web site, and you can see some clips of him playing. He has the speed of Dennis Chambers with the groove of J.D. Blair. He is a realy nice guy too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up