LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do I Do This  (Read 6535 times)

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

How Do I Do This
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:31:16 AM »
If I'm using software instruments how do get the sound to my audio interface? I know it maybe a dumb question but I don't know.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

Re: How Do I Do This
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »
if you go to the preferences menu in the software, and there should be an audio output option (maybe under output tab, but depends on particular software) and there should be a dropdown list or checkboxes for available output hardware. Your audio interface should be on that list.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 05:53:21 AM »
Let me see if I follow you correctly, by explaining first what I'm doing. I have the midi cord running from my board to the computer, which means I can hear the sound from the computer speakers, not my power speakers.

Now since I'm using the software instruments, should I run the lines out the board to my interface and change the setting in the program to send to speakers?

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 06:44:46 PM »
how is your interface connected? usb to the computer?

if so, you should be able to select which device your output goes to. for instance when I use Kontakt 4, I can go to the menu and in the audio tab and select the device to my Line6 Toneport UX1 instead of my computer speakers. I think you have to make sure your drivers selected are ASIO.

What interface and what software are you using?
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 04:55:33 AM »
I have a steinberg CI2 and I have the usb running from the interface to computer. I have garageband and a lite version of cubase as the software. The problem is I get no sound for the software instrument only audio.

Should I also run a usb from the keyboard to the computer to play the midi instruments?

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 01:14:16 PM »
The point of an audio interface is to get crisp sound into your computer... Why would you want to get the audio out of your computer and back into the audio interface?
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"
Pages: [1]   Go Up