LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dear Musician Please!  (Read 2645 times)

Dear Musician Please!
« on: February 18, 2005, 10:59:09 PM »
Please here my heart people!

#1 If you and I sat down and played the same lick, the same fills etc.( the lick would be your opinion of the beat, and the same for me.)

#2 Be thankful for the gifts God has bless these bro's with. Remember it not about them. They are ministering and it is attractive and pulling peoples attendant for God. You are talking about God working through them, they are not doing those licks, thats God Bruh!

#3 Most humble musician realize that its God playing through them, he bless then with their talents.

#4 So when you talked about people becareful because you are talking only about God!

#5 Honestly and humbly most of the guys in this forum can do what they are doing they just are in the right place, doing the right things with the right people. God bless all you musician!

Sincerely,
clayfunk
www.claytonturnage.com

Offline Browntiplocs

• LGM Member

Dear Musician Please!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 06:08:11 AM »
Before I get started, let me say that I'm in no way coming to the defense of any party involved.  

#1 If you and I sat down and played the same lick, the same fills etc.( the lick would be your opinion of the beat, and the same for me.)

HUH?     :?

#2 Be thankful for the gifts God has bless these bro's with. Remember it not about them. They are ministering and it is attractive and pulling peoples attendant for God. You are talking about God working through them, they are not doing those licks, thats God Bruh!

#3 Most humble musician realize that its God playing through them, he bless then with their talents.

Ok first of all you are absolutely right about one thing.  God indeed did bestow these gifts upon us and without repentence Romans 11:29.  While most of what we do is "attractive" a lot of it does not minister one bit.  How could God be working through someone while he/I is/am playing "The Thong Song"?  Make me understand that.  God gives us the gift.  He does NOT choose what we do with it.  We make that choice.  I have not seen one alter call at a R Kelly concert.  When Janet pulled off the Super Bowl debacle, I didn't hear her say,"Who all here know the Lord?"  I chose to not play secular music because I personally feel that HE gave me my gift to glorify HIM...not man.  Not knocking on the ones that do but I have to stand before judgement by myself meaning that it was a personal choice.

#4 So when you talked about people becareful because you are talking only about God!

My biggest problem.  Wasn't Lucifer a musician?  So when we talk about stomping on his neck, back, head, arms, toenails are we talking about God as well?  There is no gray area in this war.  You are either on one side or the other.  While it may be immoral to "blast" someone out on forums such as this, please answer this for me...if I got off the stage from just playing for Pauly Show-it-all and the freaky bunch and you say I'm not that good, are you talking about the God that ministers to the lost through me or the other entity that encourages the lust that I just spilled onto the people?  Which God?  Food for thought.

#5 Honestly and humbly most of the guys in this forum can do what they are doing they just are in the right place, doing the right things with the right people. God bless all you musician!

I totally agree with you here.  They/we were at the right place at the right time and knew the right people to initiate the run that a lot of people could only dream of having.  Are some of them overated? OOOHHHH YEAH!!!!  Some of which I wouldn't even hire to play at an concert sung in acapella if you want to look at it from a business perspective!  Amazingly some of the ones some people hold dear is on that list.  Oh well.. :roll:  

People please understand that it is totally cool to post your opinions but when your opinions become offensive IT IS NOT COOL!  :x  Some of us put it right out there who we are talking about and I be like  8O  Then we take it way "ova da top" with some extra stuff that have little if any bearing on the topic we originally posted.  On the other side, some of us musicians need to really look at how we treat people we meet.  Some of us can really come across as arrogant...some of us are actually....ummm.....let me say....not very cordial (trying to be formal).  Some musicians even treat each other "shady".  So in some cases, your feeling about us may be dead on.  If any of you have ever met me and I came across to be that way, I sincerely apologize.  This is not my spirit at all.  I try to speak to everyone because I understand 2 things..
1.  Y'all buy the records we play on (business)
2.  You should see the love of Christ in us (spiritual)
Then again, people have to understand that there may be a lot of people trying to speak to us at the same time.  If we seem "short" in speech, it is NOT because we are blowing you off.  We are trying to speak to everyone in a very short amount of time.  Also understand that some of us didn't come up with the god-like signatures (The One, The Great, etc).  I don't want that on me!  OH NO!  When people say stuff like "You sound like Victor Wooten, or Jaco, or Marcus"  I usually say,"Thank you very much.  God bless you!"  I've heard some of us respond "I know".   :!: Again I say, some of us are....ummm....bad people.  :lol:   Let's just try to keep the "blasting" to a minimum.

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Dear Musician Please!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 10:18:21 AM »
Quote from: Browntiplocs
Before I get started, let me say that I'm in no way coming to the defense of any party involved.  

HUH?     :?

Ok first of all you are absolutely right about one thing.  God indeed did bestow these gifts upon us and without repentence Romans 11:29.  While most of what we do is "attractive" a lot of it does not minister one bit.  How could God be working through someone while he/I is/am playing "The Thong Song"?  Make me understand that.  God gives us the gift.  He does NOT choose what we do with it.  We make that choice.  I have not seen one alter call at a R Kelly concert.  When Janet pulled off the Super Bowl debacle, I didn't hear her say,"Who all here know the Lord?"  I chose to not play secular music because I personally feel that HE gave me my gift to glorify HIM...not man.  Not knocking on the ones that do but I have to stand before judgement by myself meaning that it was a personal choice.

My biggest problem.  Wasn't Lucifer a musician?  So when we talk about stomping on his neck, back, head, arms, toenails are we talking about God as well?  There is no gray area in this war.  You are either on one side or the other.  While it may be immoral to "blast" someone out on forums such as this, please answer this for me...if I got off the stage from just playing for Pauly Show-it-all and the freaky bunch and you say I'm not that good, are you talking about the God that ministers to the lost through me or the other entity that encourages the lust that I just spilled onto the people?  Which God?  Food for thought.

I totally agree with you here.  They/we were at the right place at the right time and knew the right people to initiate the run that a lot of people could only dream of having.  Are some of them overated? OOOHHHH YEAH!!!!  Some of which I wouldn't even hire to play at an concert sung in acapella if you want to look at it from a business perspective!  Amazingly some of the ones some people hold dear is on that list.  Oh well.. :roll:  

People please understand that it is totally cool to post your opinions but when your opinions become offensive IT IS NOT COOL!  :x  Some of us put it right out there who we are talking about and I be like  8O  Then we take it way "ova da top" with some extra stuff that have little if any bearing on the topic we originally posted.  On the other side, some of us musicians need to really look at how we treat people we meet.  Some of us can really come across as arrogant...some of us are actually....ummm.....let me say....not very cordial (trying to be formal).  Some musicians even treat each other "shady".  So in some cases, your feeling about us may be dead on.  If any of you have ever met me and I came across to be that way, I sincerely apologize.  This is not my spirit at all.  I try to speak to everyone because I understand 2 things..
1.  Y'all buy the records we play on (business)
2.  You should see the love of Christ in us (spiritual)
Then again, people have to understand that there may be a lot of people trying to speak to us at the same time.  If we seem "short" in speech, it is NOT because we are blowing you off.  We are trying to speak to everyone in a very short amount of time.  Also understand that some of us didn't come up with the god-like signatures (The One, The Great, etc).  I don't want that on me!  OH NO!  When people say stuff like "You sound like Victor Wooten, or Jaco, or Marcus"  I usually say,"Thank you very much.  God bless you!"  I've heard some of us respond "I know".   :!: Again I say, some of us are....ummm....bad people.  :lol:   Let's just try to keep the "blasting" to a minimum.

I totally agree with Browntiplocs!!! Man you are right on point
Artistik Muzik

Dear Musician Please!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 11:20:55 PM »
I think that you are missing what I'm saying here!

To many musicians at this forum in my opinion are saying who's better, thats why I said if we sit down and played a lick, its both party lick! no ones better!

I'm saying that God should be getting the Glory! Take the focus off the person and look at the God in them! I don't know where I mention anything about sectular playing.

Be amazing how God is working through all the musicians mention at this forum I think you were mistaking me bruh!

And about attractive I was talking about the light that shine through their playing it amazing, nothing but God! Even if they don't realize it!

So basically all i'm saying is we need to stop saying who's better!

Offline congahead

• LGM Member
    • http://

Dear Musician Please!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 04:57:27 AM »
I totally agree, we should lose the who's better discussions. If there is a drummer whose playing you are fond of just say, "Yo, ___________ is one nasty dude". Try not to say "Yo, _____________ will eat ___________ for dinner. Forget about competing. God did not give us these gifts/talents and put us here so he could sit on the couch with some pretzels and buffalo wings and watch us duke it out. Just do what you do and like who you like without all the battling. I've heard less trash talk and battling on a 50 cents/ Ja Rule mix tape.
Pages: [1]   Go Up