LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: high and low keys  (Read 684 times)

Offline rd600

• LGM Member

high and low keys
« on: March 24, 2005, 04:33:53 PM »
does anyone have a chart telling you the keys high and low tones, like is c considered high and c#, and is Ab considered low? This is to help me so i can already know what key someone is in.

Offline jamaicanbaan

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

whoa...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 05:01:28 AM »
I'm a assistant music instructor

Well, when playing keys period piano,organ, or keyboards moving from left to right of your keyboard always start at the lowest tone to the highest....Now my personal advice about how to figure out what key someone is palying in is all a part of training your ear to tell the notes apart...example the lowest note would be "C"  so on a keyboard that has five octives the highest note would also be "C." But  also, knowing the "Root" note the bass player plays in that song is a good way of finding out what key the person is playing in, but not everyone plays on the same root. for example ; some horn players that are very strict on reading music will not play the root note that the bass player would play they will play using another note within that "root's" chord to play their riffs.....I hope this helps.....

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

high and low keys
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 10:07:03 AM »
Any key can be high or low depending on what inversion(s) you use and where you play on the keyboard.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up