LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wisdom from Interview  (Read 2764 times)

Wisdom from Interview
« on: March 21, 2005, 12:18:43 PM »
Vinnie Colaiuta was interviewed and check out what he said in response to music and competition. Ani Defranco also said this. TWO GREAT MUSICIANS in a secular industry.

DRUM!: I interviewed Ani DiFranco, and she said something that resonated with me--that music and competition don't even belong in the same sentence.

VC: I agree, and I applaud her for that statement. Wow. And that reminds me, in a recent obituary notice for Waylon Jennings, it was stated that he didn't show up for his own awards ceremony, either the Country Music Hall of Fame or some sort of event. He didn't believe that musicians should compete with one another. And I really applaud and agree with that.

Some cleverly rhetorical person might make a quasi-evil remark like, "Are you afraid to compete?" to which I would answer, no. There is no fear involved, there is no need. And compete against what? People like you or they don't. If they like somebody else, what are you going to do? There are things that we just can't control, and the sooner we come to terms with that, the better off we are.

THAT IS SERIOUS!! We in church really should not be competative.

Zilpex

Wisdom from Interview
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 05:34:21 PM »
I agree.  So can we stop with these childish "Who's Better" threads?
WHO CARES!!!  Just enjoy the music. I can appreciate giving someone respect for their talent and ability, but c'mon let's quit this whole "calvin or spanky" nonesense. They're all great musician's PERIOD. Let's grow up a little and take heed to the wisdom of Vinnie who is one great all around musician.

Offline pocketime

• LGM Member
    • http://

Wisdom from Interview
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 05:33:43 PM »
I could not agree more!!  PT.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Nice...
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 07:27:21 AM »