LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small choir option  (Read 14776 times)

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

Small choir option
« on: June 04, 2015, 11:55:49 AM »
If you have a group of singers that are "learning" yet are required to sing every Sunday, then I suggest sing some songs unison. Its not ideal, however, it allows the choir to sing fresh songs while working on other material. In addition, I have found that if you have a strong singer with ad-lib abilities, that will ad some spice to the song.  Overall, this strategy allows you to develop choir members vocal challenges as well meet the your weekly singing obligations in a presentable manner.

Be realistic about your song choices. Know the strengths and weaknesses of your choir. If its a small choir you should know the strengths and weaknesses of each individual. If your choir has trouble memorizing songs, choose songs with minimal lyrics.

You have to plan. Nuff said.

Stay positive and realize that this is a process. You are watering a seed. Evaluate after a few months and make adjustments as you see needed.

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member
    • My gospel choir web pages

Re: Small choir option
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 02:41:32 PM »
Know the strengths and weaknesses of your choir. If its a small choir you should know the strengths and weaknesses of each individual.

Amen, amen, and amen!  "Know them which labour among you."
Pages: [1]   Go Up