LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE READ I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP IM SERIOUS!!!!  (Read 1817 times)

Offline djdavis

• LGM Member
  • Me Sheddin
    • http://www.myspace.com/davidjdavis

PLEASE READ I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP IM SERIOUS!!!!
« on: March 30, 2005, 12:11:24 PM »
hi i have a stagg drumkit and my dad keeps sayin that i am playing too loud and the neighbours are being disturbed and my mum and dad r always telling me 2 stop. im thinking of getting drum triggers and electric cymbals and a module but thats very expensive. my dad is thinking of dampening the drums (although i already muffled them) and i dont want to be left with just the sound of the stick hitting some pad!!!!

bottom line, i really need your advice as 2 wat i should do and please dont say "you just need to play quieter" u wanna no y?
when i play the drums and i am feeling the music and getting into it, i cant just sit there playing normally as if its boring so please give me some advice if u have any.

i will be very very very very grateful

David

http://davidjdavis2003@hotmail.com

JFunky

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 01:47:09 PM »
Well, the only thing I can tell you is that they sell muffling pads that go on top of your tom-toms and bass drum but they are going to sound like a stick hitting a pad.  (no sound)  They also have them for cymbals.  The other thing you can do if you have the luxury is to buy an electric set and use that at home with headphones but DO NOT get rid of your acoustic set.

Offline DuvalsLilJohnLumpkin

• LGM Member
  • "Music has the power to shape character"

Well....
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 02:14:02 PM »
Ask them if they really want you to get better.  If they say yes, then ask them nicely, "Please let me grow and evolve to the music that I hear.  .  Just give me some space because sometimes I feel the music.  Yes, I do have to learn how to play quite also.  But, I also have to learn to play like I'm not scared to hit the drum!"  8) Bottomline, ask them humbly to let you be!
John 'Lil John" Lumpkin

Offline professorgroove

• LGM Member
    • http://www.4thestandard.com

Re: PLEASE READ I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP IM SERIOUS!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 02:55:35 PM »
Quote from: djdavis
hi i have a stagg drumkit and my dad keeps sayin that i am playing too loud and the neighbours are being disturbed and my mum and dad r always telling me 2 stop.

If you can't afford to do anything else do this....My old apartment had a basement in it where I kept my kit. I went and talked to my neighbors on both sides and basically setup a time during the day that we'd both agree on. That way they weren't as disturbed and after a while told me that they really appreciated me giving them the heads up. This will depend on how well you get along w/ your neighbors but also will avoid having to pay anything to change your kit.

Offline djdavis

• LGM Member
  • Me Sheddin
    • http://www.myspace.com/davidjdavis

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 02:46:40 AM »
i really like  
DuvalsLilJohnLumpkin's advice, i dont really want seld muffling pads cos that will completely put me off.
my parents r thinking where we could move me.
i live in england and we dont have a basment
we have a loft but of course my dad says "i aint gonna pay 15000 pounds just to get david playing up there. theres only 1 bad thing about  
DuvalsLilJohnLumpkin's advice.
my mum would probarbly say, "its not all about you you know, other people always hav to listen to your drumming"

about the neighbours: when i was a baby (i think) now i only have problems with the neighbours on the left side. anyways, when i was a baby, they would always have people slamming doors and people driving their cars into the driveway an my mum had to get out of bed and tell them 2 keep it quiet @ 1 or 2 in the mornin'!!!!!
i think 2 my self, (YOU DONT TROUBLE MY MOTHER!!! NOW UR GONNA PAY!!!! :D )

thank u 4 all ur advice i REALLY appreciate it. keep posting your replys.

Offline dwdrummer

• LGM Member
    • http://

Re: PLEASE READ I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP IM SERIOUS!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 09:42:20 AM »
Quote from: professorgroove
Quote from: djdavis
hi i have a stagg drumkit and my dad keeps sayin that i am playing too loud and the neighbours are being disturbed and my mum and dad r always telling me 2 stop.

If you can't afford to do anything else do this....My old apartment had a basement in it where I kept my kit. I went and talked to my neighbors on both sides and basically setup a time during the day that we'd both agree on. That way they weren't as disturbed and after a while told me that they really appreciated me giving them the heads up. This will depend on how well you get along w/ your neighbors but also will avoid having to pay anything to change your kit.

i agree w/ dis :!: but i also want you to practice playin w/ alot of dynamics :!: b/c dats where it is :!:  :wink:
out :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up