LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open Position ii-V7-I In Every Key  (Read 1984 times)

Offline darkwing

• LGM Member
    • Free Gospel Resource

http://freegospelresource.com - Free charts, progressions, voicings, theory and organ resources.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

Re: Open Position ii-V7-I In Every Key
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 01:24:20 AM »
Thank you so much for the information darkwig. I have a question though, it says read the notes from top to bottom so does that mean that the top note is the LH and the bottom note is the RH? I hope that this isn't a silly question but what is the difference between an open position and a closed position? Again thank you so much for the info.
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline darkwing

• LGM Member
    • Free Gospel Resource

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 02:58:29 AM »
Thank you so much for the information darkwig. I have a question though, it says read the notes from top to bottom so does that mean that the top note is the LH and the bottom note is the RH? I hope that this isn't a silly question but what is the difference between an open position and a closed position? Again thank you so much for the info.

These are one hand four-note voicings.  The first chord, for example, is a Dm9 to be played F-A-C-E.  All the notes are to be played with one hand.  Of course, the great thing about them is that they are nice chords with little movement from chord to chord making them easy to play with the left hand while soloing with the right.

Open vs. Close Position:  Close means that the notes are close together (relatively).  Open means the hand is in a more open position.

Thanks for the great questions.  I will have to update my description to make it more clear.

DW
http://freegospelresource.com - Free charts, progressions, voicings, theory and organ resources.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 10:31:21 PM »
These are one hand four-note voicings.  The first chord, for example, is a Dm9 to be played F-A-C-E.  All the notes are to be played with one hand.  Of course, the great thing about them is that they are nice chords with little movement from chord to chord making them easy to play with the left hand while soloing with the right.

Open vs. Close Position:  Close means that the notes are close together (relatively).  Open means the hand is in a more open position.

Thanks for the great questions.  I will have to update my description to make it more clear.

DW
Thanks for the correction and the patience. Again your website is such a blessing to me. I love the theory section, as you can probably guess. Keep up the good work and keep the information coming. God bless!
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »
Piano couldn't be any fun...

I never thot that this is what I was putting myself into when I wanted to learn how to play a year ago..

awesome stuff. 8)
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up